Lack of organisation
SIR, — We are all aware of the chaos that has been caused by snow. According to the St Albans District Council s website for the recycling etc, our bin collection that was due last Friday and then delayed to Saturday, was then cancelled. The website state
SIR, - We are all aware of the chaos that has been caused by snow. According to the St Albans District Council's website for the recycling etc, our bin collection that was due last Friday and then delayed to Saturday, was then cancelled.
The website states that we will not get a collection until the week commencing February 16 - which in our case will be Friday, February 20. This means that some of our rubbish will be almost one month old. The bins are already full with bags at the side and I can imagine the mess that will be strewn on the roads in Park Street by the time the collection is made.
I know the weather cannot be helped but surely could not the contractors and council organise this better? Have we to endure a monthly collection? Once a fortnight was bad enough. What happens if we have more snow?
You may also want to watch:
Wood End, Park Street.
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 7 Property Spotlight: A barn conversion in an idyllic rural setting
- 8 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 9 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 10 We're JJAM-ing at new countryside kitchen