Lack of organisation
SIR, — We are all aware of the chaos that has been caused by snow. According to the St Albans District Council s website for the recycling etc, our bin collection that was due last Friday and then delayed to Saturday, was then cancelled. The website state
SIR, - We are all aware of the chaos that has been caused by snow. According to the St Albans District Council's website for the recycling etc, our bin collection that was due last Friday and then delayed to Saturday, was then cancelled.
The website states that we will not get a collection until the week commencing February 16 - which in our case will be Friday, February 20. This means that some of our rubbish will be almost one month old. The bins are already full with bags at the side and I can imagine the mess that will be strewn on the roads in Park Street by the time the collection is made.
I know the weather cannot be helped but surely could not the contractors and council organise this better? Have we to endure a monthly collection? Once a fortnight was bad enough. What happens if we have more snow?
You may also want to watch:
Wood End, Park Street.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 9 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems