Lack of organisation
SIR, — We are all aware of the chaos that has been caused by snow. According to the St Albans District Council s website for the recycling etc, our bin collection that was due last Friday and then delayed to Saturday, was then cancelled. The website state
SIR, - We are all aware of the chaos that has been caused by snow. According to the St Albans District Council's website for the recycling etc, our bin collection that was due last Friday and then delayed to Saturday, was then cancelled.
The website states that we will not get a collection until the week commencing February 16 - which in our case will be Friday, February 20. This means that some of our rubbish will be almost one month old. The bins are already full with bags at the side and I can imagine the mess that will be strewn on the roads in Park Street by the time the collection is made.
I know the weather cannot be helped but surely could not the contractors and council organise this better? Have we to endure a monthly collection? Once a fortnight was bad enough. What happens if we have more snow?
You may also want to watch:
Wood End, Park Street.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs