Is HH scapegoat?
SIR – We note Herts Highways failure to challenge more highways issues on the rail freight terminal and that they cannot comment on other agency s highway issues. However, Conservative councillors have repeatedly asked LibDem-controlled SADC whether Hert
SIR - We note Herts Highways' failure to challenge more highways issues on the rail freight terminal and that they cannot comment on other agency's highway issues.
However, Conservative councillors have repeatedly asked LibDem-controlled SADC whether Herts Highways' brief includes commenting on any highway issue outside the roads directly under their control.
For example not on private road design, e.g. on the Wheathampsted School housing development, or on Highways Agency roads, e.g. on the rail freight or other highway issues including parking.
All planning meetings receive from Herts Highways is a 'no comment' that could either mean outside their brief or no adverse comment.
You may also want to watch:
The developer/planning inspector assuming the latter.
While not a fan of Herts Highways, if SADC does not ensure and pay if necessary for a full highways consultancy service it may not be HH's fault and for a halfpenny of tar the ship could be lost. It may give LD SADC a convenient scapegoat but with serious avoidable consequences for residents.
- 1 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 2 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 3 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 9 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 10 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
Opposition District Councillor
Oakfield Road, Harpenden