Is HH scapegoat?
SIR – We note Herts Highways failure to challenge more highways issues on the rail freight terminal and that they cannot comment on other agency s highway issues. However, Conservative councillors have repeatedly asked LibDem-controlled SADC whether Hert
SIR - We note Herts Highways' failure to challenge more highways issues on the rail freight terminal and that they cannot comment on other agency's highway issues.
However, Conservative councillors have repeatedly asked LibDem-controlled SADC whether Herts Highways' brief includes commenting on any highway issue outside the roads directly under their control.
For example not on private road design, e.g. on the Wheathampsted School housing development, or on Highways Agency roads, e.g. on the rail freight or other highway issues including parking.
All planning meetings receive from Herts Highways is a 'no comment' that could either mean outside their brief or no adverse comment.
You may also want to watch:
The developer/planning inspector assuming the latter.
While not a fan of Herts Highways, if SADC does not ensure and pay if necessary for a full highways consultancy service it may not be HH's fault and for a halfpenny of tar the ship could be lost. It may give LD SADC a convenient scapegoat but with serious avoidable consequences for residents.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
Opposition District Councillor
Oakfield Road, Harpenden