SIR – I regret that I must lodge a complaint against the headline used in the Harpenden Focus leaflet delivered through my letterbox last Sunday. I do not consider myself to be a prude, but to have the headline First CRAPital Connect fall onto my doorma
SIR - I regret that I must lodge a complaint against the headline used in the Harpenden Focus leaflet delivered through my letterbox last Sunday.
I do not consider myself to be a prude, but to have the headline "First CRAPital Connect" fall onto my doormat made me angry.
It may sum up what we all think of the train service, but to use the word in print is, in my view, irresponsible.
Whilst my own children have left home, how many other homes will have seen a youngster pick up the leaflet, and now think that the word CRAP is acceptable language.
You may also want to watch:
I'm very disappointed in the Lib Dems.
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 7 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 8 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 9 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 10 Property Spotlight: A barn conversion in an idyllic rural setting