SIR, — The indecent haste with which the Post Office announced that so many local post offices are to be closed shows how little regard they have given to the many protests against closure. It is apparent that they never had any intention to do anything b
SIR, - The indecent haste with which the Post Office announced that so many local post offices are to be closed shows how little regard they have given to the many protests against closure. It is apparent that they never had any intention to do anything but close all these offices and the extremely perfunctory "consideration" they have given to the considered objections of so many users is evidence of their utter disregard of the representations made.
In their circular announcing the (already-decided) proposals, they said that public responses should be received by July 28 and they have shown a remarkable - and unusual - degree of haste in coming to a decision barely more than three weeks later.
I doubt they took the trouble to read the objections and the public can now have virtually no confidence whatever in an organisation which cares not one jot for its customers.
You may also want to watch:
Townsend Drive, St Albans.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests