In praise of youth
SIR, — We hear a lot about the bad behaviour of the younger generation so I should like to give them an accolade. I am an 87-year-old Grandma. In the dark on a recent Saturday evening I was walking along the path from the Abbey Gateway to the Chapter Hous
SIR, - We hear a lot about the bad behaviour of the younger generation so I should like to give them an accolade.
I am an 87-year-old Grandma. In the dark on a recent Saturday evening I was walking along the path from the Abbey Gateway to the Chapter House entrance of the Abbey when I tripped and fell.
Fortunately I wasn't hurt by this undignified contretemps, the only casualty being my glasses. But I couldn't get up.
I could hear a group of teenagers laughing and talking on the seat at the top of Abbey Mill Lane so I called out to them. They came. They weren't very large teenagers so it wasn't easy for them to haul me up on my feet but they did it.
I was so grateful and went on to enjoy the Mosaic concert in the Abbey.
Thank you, to whoever you were.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
Camlet Way, St Albans.