SIR - I would like to respond to Mr Hill s second what and why on earth moment regarding the geographical location of the Chairman of the Harpenden Youth Town Council s (HYTC) house being in Wheathampstead, a short journey from Harpenden (Letters, Herts
SIR - I would like to respond to Mr Hill's second "what and why on earth" moment regarding the geographical location of the Chairman of the Harpenden Youth Town Council's (HYTC) house being in Wheathampstead, a short journey from Harpenden (Letters, Herts Advertiser June 25).
This issue has been brought up previously and as a result HYTC have decided to amend their constitution to also allow young people who are schooled in the Harpenden area to become Youth Town Councilors. The constitution can be viewed online by viewing the HYTC website (www.HYTC.co.uk).
I hope this solves any problems.
YOUTH CLLR MATT PARSONS
You may also want to watch:
St. Thomas Place
- 1 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 2 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 8 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts