Hunt for relatives
SIR – I am trying to trace my son Nicholas Fisher who I lost touch with some years ago and I believe to be living somewhere in Hertfordshire. His father is very ill in hospital and I would like him to know the situation. JACQUELINE HICKEY Castle Hill Becc
SIR - I am trying to trace my son Nicholas Fisher who I lost touch with some years ago and I believe to be living somewhere in Hertfordshire.
His father is very ill in hospital and I would like him to know the situation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
SIR - My great great great grandparents, James and Elizabeth (n�e Parker) Howard, migrated from St Albans, Hertfordshire, to Australia on the "Blenheim", arriving in Sydney on 5 July 1855.
They were accompanied by five of their younger children - John (15 years), Lydia (13), Jesse (12), Esther (nine) and Martha (four).
Their two eldest sons, Thomas (born c1826) and James (born c1830), had previously migrated to Australia on the "Castle Eden", arriving in Sydney seven years previously, in 1848.
Thomas (my great great grandfather) was accompanied by his wife Elizabeth (n�e Amey, born c1828, Huntingdonshire) and their two-year-old son, Charles Amey Howard.
If possible, I would be most grateful if the above information could be included in your publication at some time as I am looking for information on our family prior to James and Elizabeth's departure from England.
I have information about the family after their arrival in Australia that I am willing to exchange should anyone wish to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org in Sydney, Australia.