Hunt for relatives
SIR – I am trying to trace my son Nicholas Fisher who I lost touch with some years ago and I believe to be living somewhere in Hertfordshire. His father is very ill in hospital and I would like him to know the situation. JACQUELINE HICKEY Castle Hill Becc
SIR - I am trying to trace my son Nicholas Fisher who I lost touch with some years ago and I believe to be living somewhere in Hertfordshire.
His father is very ill in hospital and I would like him to know the situation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 7 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 A New York state of mind
SIR - My great great great grandparents, James and Elizabeth (n�e Parker) Howard, migrated from St Albans, Hertfordshire, to Australia on the "Blenheim", arriving in Sydney on 5 July 1855.
They were accompanied by five of their younger children - John (15 years), Lydia (13), Jesse (12), Esther (nine) and Martha (four).
Their two eldest sons, Thomas (born c1826) and James (born c1830), had previously migrated to Australia on the "Castle Eden", arriving in Sydney seven years previously, in 1848.
Thomas (my great great grandfather) was accompanied by his wife Elizabeth (n�e Amey, born c1828, Huntingdonshire) and their two-year-old son, Charles Amey Howard.
If possible, I would be most grateful if the above information could be included in your publication at some time as I am looking for information on our family prior to James and Elizabeth's departure from England.
I have information about the family after their arrival in Australia that I am willing to exchange should anyone wish to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org in Sydney, Australia.