Hunt for relatives
SIR – I am trying to trace my son Nicholas Fisher who I lost touch with some years ago and I believe to be living somewhere in Hertfordshire. His father is very ill in hospital and I would like him to know the situation. JACQUELINE HICKEY Castle Hill Becc
SIR - I am trying to trace my son Nicholas Fisher who I lost touch with some years ago and I believe to be living somewhere in Hertfordshire.
His father is very ill in hospital and I would like him to know the situation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 3 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 8 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 9 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Labour candidates?
SIR - My great great great grandparents, James and Elizabeth (n�e Parker) Howard, migrated from St Albans, Hertfordshire, to Australia on the "Blenheim", arriving in Sydney on 5 July 1855.
They were accompanied by five of their younger children - John (15 years), Lydia (13), Jesse (12), Esther (nine) and Martha (four).
Their two eldest sons, Thomas (born c1826) and James (born c1830), had previously migrated to Australia on the "Castle Eden", arriving in Sydney seven years previously, in 1848.
Thomas (my great great grandfather) was accompanied by his wife Elizabeth (n�e Amey, born c1828, Huntingdonshire) and their two-year-old son, Charles Amey Howard.
If possible, I would be most grateful if the above information could be included in your publication at some time as I am looking for information on our family prior to James and Elizabeth's departure from England.
I have information about the family after their arrival in Australia that I am willing to exchange should anyone wish to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org in Sydney, Australia.