Hunt for relatives
SIR – I am trying to trace my son Nicholas Fisher who I lost touch with some years ago and I believe to be living somewhere in Hertfordshire. His father is very ill in hospital and I would like him to know the situation. JACQUELINE HICKEY Castle Hill Becc
SIR - I am trying to trace my son Nicholas Fisher who I lost touch with some years ago and I believe to be living somewhere in Hertfordshire.
His father is very ill in hospital and I would like him to know the situation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
SIR - My great great great grandparents, James and Elizabeth (n�e Parker) Howard, migrated from St Albans, Hertfordshire, to Australia on the "Blenheim", arriving in Sydney on 5 July 1855.
They were accompanied by five of their younger children - John (15 years), Lydia (13), Jesse (12), Esther (nine) and Martha (four).
Their two eldest sons, Thomas (born c1826) and James (born c1830), had previously migrated to Australia on the "Castle Eden", arriving in Sydney seven years previously, in 1848.
Thomas (my great great grandfather) was accompanied by his wife Elizabeth (n�e Amey, born c1828, Huntingdonshire) and their two-year-old son, Charles Amey Howard.
If possible, I would be most grateful if the above information could be included in your publication at some time as I am looking for information on our family prior to James and Elizabeth's departure from England.
I have information about the family after their arrival in Australia that I am willing to exchange should anyone wish to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org in Sydney, Australia.