SIR - I concur fully with the excellent letter from Paul Wilkinson (Herts Advertiser, May 7) regarding the proposed hotel at Chiswell Green. This development will take away another large area of land which we should, in these times of climate change and p
SIR - I concur fully with the excellent letter from Paul Wilkinson (Herts Advertiser, May 7) regarding the proposed hotel at Chiswell Green.
This development will take away another large area of land which we should, in these times of climate change and pollution, be actively seeking to conserve.
Chiswell Green is already an area of heavy traffic congestion and building a large hotel complex will only add to the problem.
I am not impressed by our former MP Kerry Pollard's claims that the project will benefit the citizens of St Albans. The only beneficiaries of the scheme will be Mr Pollard and his associates.
You may also want to watch:
I can understand Mr Pollard's enthusiasm in this matter as it is entirely in keeping with the Labour Party's plan to build a concrete jungle running from London through to the Midlands.
I hope the scheme will be vigorously opposed by all those who share my concerns.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
New House Park,