SIR - I concur fully with the excellent letter from Paul Wilkinson (Herts Advertiser, May 7) regarding the proposed hotel at Chiswell Green. This development will take away another large area of land which we should, in these times of climate change and p
SIR - I concur fully with the excellent letter from Paul Wilkinson (Herts Advertiser, May 7) regarding the proposed hotel at Chiswell Green.
This development will take away another large area of land which we should, in these times of climate change and pollution, be actively seeking to conserve.
Chiswell Green is already an area of heavy traffic congestion and building a large hotel complex will only add to the problem.
I am not impressed by our former MP Kerry Pollard's claims that the project will benefit the citizens of St Albans. The only beneficiaries of the scheme will be Mr Pollard and his associates.
You may also want to watch:
I can understand Mr Pollard's enthusiasm in this matter as it is entirely in keeping with the Labour Party's plan to build a concrete jungle running from London through to the Midlands.
I hope the scheme will be vigorously opposed by all those who share my concerns.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
New House Park,