SIR - I concur fully with the excellent letter from Paul Wilkinson (Herts Advertiser, May 7) regarding the proposed hotel at Chiswell Green. This development will take away another large area of land which we should, in these times of climate change and p
SIR - I concur fully with the excellent letter from Paul Wilkinson (Herts Advertiser, May 7) regarding the proposed hotel at Chiswell Green.
This development will take away another large area of land which we should, in these times of climate change and pollution, be actively seeking to conserve.
Chiswell Green is already an area of heavy traffic congestion and building a large hotel complex will only add to the problem.
I am not impressed by our former MP Kerry Pollard's claims that the project will benefit the citizens of St Albans. The only beneficiaries of the scheme will be Mr Pollard and his associates.
You may also want to watch:
I can understand Mr Pollard's enthusiasm in this matter as it is entirely in keeping with the Labour Party's plan to build a concrete jungle running from London through to the Midlands.
I hope the scheme will be vigorously opposed by all those who share my concerns.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 4 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 7 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 8 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 9 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
New House Park,