SIR — Three cheers to Anne Main MP for highlighting yet another mistake by St Albans Council in trying to put a hotel in somebody s backyard. My family and I chuckled out loud when we read that LibDem Cllr Melvyn Teare, who essentially presides over th
SIR - Three cheers to Anne Main MP for highlighting yet another 'mistake' by St Albans Council in trying to put a hotel in somebody's backyard.
My family and I chuckled out loud when we read that LibDem Cllr Melvyn Teare, who essentially presides over this exercise, attempted to suggest that this 'mistake' was OK as it is merely a consultation exercise.
If our MP hadn't spotted it, the plans in all likelihood would have been approved by the council.
Cllr Teare is not only portfolio holder for economic development but, as a democratically elected member of the council, to suggest that anybody needs to write into the council highlighting his 'mistakes' rather than telling him directly to get them rectified speaks volumes not only about a 'box-ticking' mentality, but more worryingly makes me question what he is paid for!
You may also want to watch:
So much for the local LibDems peddling leaflets suggesting that Mrs Main is distracted from her job in looking out for us all in St Albans...
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
London Road, St Albans