SIR — Three cheers to Anne Main MP for highlighting yet another mistake by St Albans Council in trying to put a hotel in somebody s backyard. My family and I chuckled out loud when we read that LibDem Cllr Melvyn Teare, who essentially presides over th
SIR - Three cheers to Anne Main MP for highlighting yet another 'mistake' by St Albans Council in trying to put a hotel in somebody's backyard.
My family and I chuckled out loud when we read that LibDem Cllr Melvyn Teare, who essentially presides over this exercise, attempted to suggest that this 'mistake' was OK as it is merely a consultation exercise.
If our MP hadn't spotted it, the plans in all likelihood would have been approved by the council.
Cllr Teare is not only portfolio holder for economic development but, as a democratically elected member of the council, to suggest that anybody needs to write into the council highlighting his 'mistakes' rather than telling him directly to get them rectified speaks volumes not only about a 'box-ticking' mentality, but more worryingly makes me question what he is paid for!
So much for the local LibDems peddling leaflets suggesting that Mrs Main is distracted from her job in looking out for us all in St Albans...
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 5 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 6 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
London Road, St Albans