SIR — Three cheers to Anne Main MP for highlighting yet another mistake by St Albans Council in trying to put a hotel in somebody s backyard. My family and I chuckled out loud when we read that LibDem Cllr Melvyn Teare, who essentially presides over th
SIR - Three cheers to Anne Main MP for highlighting yet another 'mistake' by St Albans Council in trying to put a hotel in somebody's backyard.
My family and I chuckled out loud when we read that LibDem Cllr Melvyn Teare, who essentially presides over this exercise, attempted to suggest that this 'mistake' was OK as it is merely a consultation exercise.
If our MP hadn't spotted it, the plans in all likelihood would have been approved by the council.
Cllr Teare is not only portfolio holder for economic development but, as a democratically elected member of the council, to suggest that anybody needs to write into the council highlighting his 'mistakes' rather than telling him directly to get them rectified speaks volumes not only about a 'box-ticking' mentality, but more worryingly makes me question what he is paid for!
You may also want to watch:
So much for the local LibDems peddling leaflets suggesting that Mrs Main is distracted from her job in looking out for us all in St Albans...
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 4 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 5 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 6 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 7 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 8 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 9 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 10 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
London Road, St Albans