SIR — Three cheers to Anne Main MP for highlighting yet another mistake by St Albans Council in trying to put a hotel in somebody s backyard. My family and I chuckled out loud when we read that LibDem Cllr Melvyn Teare, who essentially presides over th
SIR - Three cheers to Anne Main MP for highlighting yet another 'mistake' by St Albans Council in trying to put a hotel in somebody's backyard.
My family and I chuckled out loud when we read that LibDem Cllr Melvyn Teare, who essentially presides over this exercise, attempted to suggest that this 'mistake' was OK as it is merely a consultation exercise.
If our MP hadn't spotted it, the plans in all likelihood would have been approved by the council.
Cllr Teare is not only portfolio holder for economic development but, as a democratically elected member of the council, to suggest that anybody needs to write into the council highlighting his 'mistakes' rather than telling him directly to get them rectified speaks volumes not only about a 'box-ticking' mentality, but more worryingly makes me question what he is paid for!
You may also want to watch:
So much for the local LibDems peddling leaflets suggesting that Mrs Main is distracted from her job in looking out for us all in St Albans...
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 5 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 6 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 7 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 8 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 9 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
London Road, St Albans