SIR — Three cheers to Anne Main MP for highlighting yet another mistake by St Albans Council in trying to put a hotel in somebody s backyard. My family and I chuckled out loud when we read that LibDem Cllr Melvyn Teare, who essentially presides over th
SIR - Three cheers to Anne Main MP for highlighting yet another 'mistake' by St Albans Council in trying to put a hotel in somebody's backyard.
My family and I chuckled out loud when we read that LibDem Cllr Melvyn Teare, who essentially presides over this exercise, attempted to suggest that this 'mistake' was OK as it is merely a consultation exercise.
If our MP hadn't spotted it, the plans in all likelihood would have been approved by the council.
Cllr Teare is not only portfolio holder for economic development but, as a democratically elected member of the council, to suggest that anybody needs to write into the council highlighting his 'mistakes' rather than telling him directly to get them rectified speaks volumes not only about a 'box-ticking' mentality, but more worryingly makes me question what he is paid for!
You may also want to watch:
So much for the local LibDems peddling leaflets suggesting that Mrs Main is distracted from her job in looking out for us all in St Albans...
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
London Road, St Albans