SIR, — My mother was admitted to Hemel Hempstead Hospital for a major operation from July 2-18. My father, who is 78, was unable to cope with the journey from St Albans twice a day to visit my mother. In total we spent £96 on parking, and the cost to rent
SIR, - My mother was admitted to Hemel Hempstead Hospital for a major operation from July 2-18. My father, who is 78, was unable to cope with the journey from St Albans twice a day to visit my mother. In total we spent £96 on parking, and the cost to rent a car for myself to taxi my father was over £100. This was made worse by CP Plus putting a £40 fine on the car.
The reason for no ticket was not being able to get change - the time at the hospital was for visiting my mother and not for running around trying to find an outlet for change.
Also being the main car park at the hospital and the ward being at the other end of the hospital, my father having leg problems found it difficult to get about and found the whole ordeal traumatic over the 16 days.
I would like CP Plus to consider dropping the £40 fine as I think we have paid enough to the upkeep of a car park that may not be there in the near future if the hospital is to go, as rumours have it!
Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 3 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 4 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 5 Victorian street theatre coming to St Albans city centre this Christmas with classic Dickensian tale
- 6 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 9 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans