SIR, — My mother was admitted to Hemel Hempstead Hospital for a major operation from July 2-18. My father, who is 78, was unable to cope with the journey from St Albans twice a day to visit my mother. In total we spent £96 on parking, and the cost to rent
SIR, - My mother was admitted to Hemel Hempstead Hospital for a major operation from July 2-18. My father, who is 78, was unable to cope with the journey from St Albans twice a day to visit my mother. In total we spent £96 on parking, and the cost to rent a car for myself to taxi my father was over £100. This was made worse by CP Plus putting a £40 fine on the car.
The reason for no ticket was not being able to get change - the time at the hospital was for visiting my mother and not for running around trying to find an outlet for change.
Also being the main car park at the hospital and the ward being at the other end of the hospital, my father having leg problems found it difficult to get about and found the whole ordeal traumatic over the 16 days.
I would like CP Plus to consider dropping the £40 fine as I think we have paid enough to the upkeep of a car park that may not be there in the near future if the hospital is to go, as rumours have it!
You may also want to watch:
Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant