SIR – Having read recent accounts of poor care received in local hospitals, I wish to balance the scales a little with heartfelt thanks to the local medical services for their superb care of my mother, Maureen Sowerby, who died in October. In the months u
SIR - Having read recent accounts of poor care received in local hospitals, I wish to balance the scales a little with heartfelt thanks to the local medical services for their superb care of my mother, Maureen Sowerby, who died in October. In the months under their care, my mother was treated with utmost respect and was able to die in peace, with dignity.
Particular thanks to Dr Christine Voyce of the Maltings Surgery and their district nurse team led by Claire Turner who showed a depth of care we were surprised at in these days of targets.
The support from Grove House, Hospice at Home, and Macmillan helped ease mum gently from this life. The horror stories should not be ignored and are a call to action but our experience of talented professionals doing their job with devotion cannot be unique, and we offer our admiration and gratitude to them.
You may also want to watch:
Prae Close, St Albans
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems