SIR – Having read recent accounts of poor care received in local hospitals, I wish to balance the scales a little with heartfelt thanks to the local medical services for their superb care of my mother, Maureen Sowerby, who died in October. In the months u
SIR - Having read recent accounts of poor care received in local hospitals, I wish to balance the scales a little with heartfelt thanks to the local medical services for their superb care of my mother, Maureen Sowerby, who died in October. In the months under their care, my mother was treated with utmost respect and was able to die in peace, with dignity.
Particular thanks to Dr Christine Voyce of the Maltings Surgery and their district nurse team led by Claire Turner who showed a depth of care we were surprised at in these days of targets.
The support from Grove House, Hospice at Home, and Macmillan helped ease mum gently from this life. The horror stories should not be ignored and are a call to action but our experience of talented professionals doing their job with devotion cannot be unique, and we offer our admiration and gratitude to them.
You may also want to watch:
Prae Close, St Albans
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 6 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 7 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 Giant glass wings installed at St Albans Cathedral to offer 'Solace' in loss
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?