SIR – Having read recent accounts of poor care received in local hospitals, I wish to balance the scales a little with heartfelt thanks to the local medical services for their superb care of my mother, Maureen Sowerby, who died in October. In the months u
SIR - Having read recent accounts of poor care received in local hospitals, I wish to balance the scales a little with heartfelt thanks to the local medical services for their superb care of my mother, Maureen Sowerby, who died in October. In the months under their care, my mother was treated with utmost respect and was able to die in peace, with dignity.
Particular thanks to Dr Christine Voyce of the Maltings Surgery and their district nurse team led by Claire Turner who showed a depth of care we were surprised at in these days of targets.
The support from Grove House, Hospice at Home, and Macmillan helped ease mum gently from this life. The horror stories should not be ignored and are a call to action but our experience of talented professionals doing their job with devotion cannot be unique, and we offer our admiration and gratitude to them.
You may also want to watch:
Prae Close, St Albans
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part