SIR, — Re the letter by Mr Peter Willsohn regarding the closure of our post office. I get the idea that Mr Willsohn has never been to Batford. If he had, he would know that it is more than a few hundred yards up and down the hill. Maybe he did it in his 4
SIR, - Re the letter by Mr Peter Willsohn regarding the closure of our post office. I get the idea that Mr Willsohn has never been to Batford. If he had, he would know that it is more than a few hundred yards up and down the hill. Maybe he did it in his 4X4 instead of trying to walk it.
Most people in Batford already walk a round trip of one to one-and-a-half miles up and down the hill to get to our local post office now. Are we expected to do another two miles up and down more hills to the main post office?
If My Willlsohn is so keen to get another post office closed in Harpenden it should be his nearest which is Southdown Road as he will have no hills to climb to the main post office like Batford residents would have.
As for most people not knowing about Batford post office, I should think 99.9 per cent in that area know of its existence and have used it at some time or another. As for saying the main post office is just a few hundred yards up Station Road, this proves that he has not been to Batford.
You may also want to watch:
The letter has nothing really to do about post offices closing. It's just Mr Willsohn trying to score points against the Liberal Democrats.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
Holcroft Road, Harpenden.