SIR, — Re the letter by Mr Peter Willsohn regarding the closure of our post office. I get the idea that Mr Willsohn has never been to Batford. If he had, he would know that it is more than a few hundred yards up and down the hill. Maybe he did it in his 4
SIR, - Re the letter by Mr Peter Willsohn regarding the closure of our post office. I get the idea that Mr Willsohn has never been to Batford. If he had, he would know that it is more than a few hundred yards up and down the hill. Maybe he did it in his 4X4 instead of trying to walk it.
Most people in Batford already walk a round trip of one to one-and-a-half miles up and down the hill to get to our local post office now. Are we expected to do another two miles up and down more hills to the main post office?
If My Willlsohn is so keen to get another post office closed in Harpenden it should be his nearest which is Southdown Road as he will have no hills to climb to the main post office like Batford residents would have.
As for most people not knowing about Batford post office, I should think 99.9 per cent in that area know of its existence and have used it at some time or another. As for saying the main post office is just a few hundred yards up Station Road, this proves that he has not been to Batford.
The letter has nothing really to do about post offices closing. It's just Mr Willsohn trying to score points against the Liberal Democrats.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 6 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
Holcroft Road, Harpenden.