SIR, — Re the letter by Mr Peter Willsohn regarding the closure of our post office. I get the idea that Mr Willsohn has never been to Batford. If he had, he would know that it is more than a few hundred yards up and down the hill. Maybe he did it in his 4
SIR, - Re the letter by Mr Peter Willsohn regarding the closure of our post office. I get the idea that Mr Willsohn has never been to Batford. If he had, he would know that it is more than a few hundred yards up and down the hill. Maybe he did it in his 4X4 instead of trying to walk it.
Most people in Batford already walk a round trip of one to one-and-a-half miles up and down the hill to get to our local post office now. Are we expected to do another two miles up and down more hills to the main post office?
If My Willlsohn is so keen to get another post office closed in Harpenden it should be his nearest which is Southdown Road as he will have no hills to climb to the main post office like Batford residents would have.
As for most people not knowing about Batford post office, I should think 99.9 per cent in that area know of its existence and have used it at some time or another. As for saying the main post office is just a few hundred yards up Station Road, this proves that he has not been to Batford.
You may also want to watch:
The letter has nothing really to do about post offices closing. It's just Mr Willsohn trying to score points against the Liberal Democrats.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
Holcroft Road, Harpenden.