SIR, — Re the letter by Mr Peter Willsohn regarding the closure of our post office. I get the idea that Mr Willsohn has never been to Batford. If he had, he would know that it is more than a few hundred yards up and down the hill. Maybe he did it in his 4
SIR, - Re the letter by Mr Peter Willsohn regarding the closure of our post office. I get the idea that Mr Willsohn has never been to Batford. If he had, he would know that it is more than a few hundred yards up and down the hill. Maybe he did it in his 4X4 instead of trying to walk it.
Most people in Batford already walk a round trip of one to one-and-a-half miles up and down the hill to get to our local post office now. Are we expected to do another two miles up and down more hills to the main post office?
If My Willlsohn is so keen to get another post office closed in Harpenden it should be his nearest which is Southdown Road as he will have no hills to climb to the main post office like Batford residents would have.
As for most people not knowing about Batford post office, I should think 99.9 per cent in that area know of its existence and have used it at some time or another. As for saying the main post office is just a few hundred yards up Station Road, this proves that he has not been to Batford.
You may also want to watch:
The letter has nothing really to do about post offices closing. It's just Mr Willsohn trying to score points against the Liberal Democrats.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 6 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 9 April 12: St Albans shops re-open
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Holcroft Road, Harpenden.