High and dry
SIR, — For many years I and many others have enjoyed the swimming sessions at Townsend School pool twice a week. Over time the sessions have been steadily reduced, and now after this summer term there will only be one session on a Saturday afternoon for o
SIR, - For many years I and many others have enjoyed the swimming sessions at Townsend School pool twice a week. Over time the sessions have been steadily reduced, and now after this summer term there will only be one session on a Saturday afternoon for one hour. The reason being offered is lack of staff to man the pool. I find this hard to believe as to my knowledge, this has happened only twice in all the time I have been using the pool.
Swimming is good, all-round exercise. It is therapeutic especially for those with mobility problems and who can't walk far.
Townsend is ideal for us wrinklies. It's a small pool, less intimidating than the larger ones and we don't get in anyone's way.
We also make new friends. It's beneficial in so many ways and the staff are so friendly and helpful.
You may also want to watch:
I would appeal to please reconsider the decision to cut the sessions at Townsend swimming pool. Sandringham School's pool sessions were lost a few years ago, the Jubilee crèche closed and that was devastating for the people who used it and their carers.
What's wrong in leaving things alone if they work? Why change for changing sake?
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
MRS H. BLANCHARD
Ennerdale Close, St Albans.