Help in need
SIR, — I wish to take this opportunity to express my thanks to the St Albans market traders who on Wednesday last reconfirmed my belief in the natural honesty and goodwill of my fellow citizens. I am a 95-year-old St Albans resident with impaired sight an
SIR, - I wish to take this opportunity to express my thanks to the St Albans market traders who on Wednesday last reconfirmed my belief in the natural honesty and goodwill of my fellow citizens.
I am a 95-year-old St Albans resident with impaired sight and hearing. On that day I lost my bag containing my passport and my holiday money which I had just withdrawn from the bank.
I searched Market Place knowing that this was the last place that I had the bag, but to no avail. I made my plight known to some of the stallholders but after an hour or so I reluctantly accepted that it was gone. I reported the matter to the police and returned home.
You can imagine my surprise and delight when later that afternoon my bag was delivered intact to my door. One of the stallholders had noticed the bag and gave it to the market manager who opened it and finding my address inside, personally delivered it to me.
You may also want to watch:
My heartfelt thanks goes to all concerned for their kindness and consideration.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash