Help in need
SIR, — I wish to take this opportunity to express my thanks to the St Albans market traders who on Wednesday last reconfirmed my belief in the natural honesty and goodwill of my fellow citizens. I am a 95-year-old St Albans resident with impaired sight an
SIR, - I wish to take this opportunity to express my thanks to the St Albans market traders who on Wednesday last reconfirmed my belief in the natural honesty and goodwill of my fellow citizens.
I am a 95-year-old St Albans resident with impaired sight and hearing. On that day I lost my bag containing my passport and my holiday money which I had just withdrawn from the bank.
I searched Market Place knowing that this was the last place that I had the bag, but to no avail. I made my plight known to some of the stallholders but after an hour or so I reluctantly accepted that it was gone. I reported the matter to the police and returned home.
You can imagine my surprise and delight when later that afternoon my bag was delivered intact to my door. One of the stallholders had noticed the bag and gave it to the market manager who opened it and finding my address inside, personally delivered it to me.
You may also want to watch:
My heartfelt thanks goes to all concerned for their kindness and consideration.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe