SIR, — I have discovered yet another disturbing loophole in our caring Health Trust s so-called improvement scheme. A friend in his 70s, recently having undergone gruelling chemotherapy for cancer at Hemel Hempstead Hospital, now finds the oncology depa
SIR, - I have discovered yet another disturbing loophole in our "caring" Health Trust's so-called improvement scheme.
A friend in his 70s, recently having undergone gruelling chemotherapy for cancer at Hemel Hempstead Hospital, now finds the oncology department has moved to Watford.
He was eligible for ambulance transport for his treatment so on ringing up to ask for similar for his forthcoming scan, he is told: "Harpenden? We don't pick up any further out than St Albans."
He was then asked if he could get into a car. He replied that he could and was told rather curtly: "Well, you'll have to get a taxi then."
You may also want to watch:
What an off-hand way to treat someone who is ill and has lost three stone in weight through his treatment. What if he couldn't get into a car? We all know where the money goes - it's about time something was done about it.
MRS J. HAMBLIN,
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Overstone Road, harpenden.