Hands on approach
SIR – I read in the national press today that texting while driving makes you 23 times more likely to have an accident. The figure was not given for holding a mobile or using a hands-free one. Not an hour earlier, I had shouted at a young man (surprise
SIR - I read in the national press today that texting while driving makes you 23 times more likely to have an accident. The figure was not given for holding a mobile or using a hands-free one.
Not an hour earlier, I had shouted at a young man (surprise, not a mature person or a lady) to get off his mobile while he attempted to use one hand to steer and the other to hold a mobile, change gear and presumably try to indicate right. He stopped and came back to get out and tell me it was none of my business. I think that if I had not got out of his way, he might have used physical violence.
I shall continue to risk my safety in this way, as it most certainly is my business if I happen to be the next person in his way when he is driving without proper attention on where he is going and without two hands to drive and change gear and indicate.
And, young man, you incorrectly thought I had called you something rude - I repeat that I did not (even if I felt like it). But you didn't hesitate to call me something very rude - double standards!
You may also want to watch:
Also importantly - if you had time to stop and try to intimidate me, you had time to stop and not use the mobile while driving.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe