SIR — Every year I mean to write to you but never get round to doing it so this year I made a promise to myself that this was a top priority! So on that note can my husband and I say a huge thank you to St Albans District Council and the Herts Advertiser
SIR - Every year I mean to write to you but never get round to doing it so this year I made a promise to myself that this was a top priority!
So on that note can my husband and I say a huge thank you to St Albans District Council and the Herts Advertiser for organising another wonderful Residents First Weekend.
We have taken part since we moved here six years ago and every year we find different things to do. For those who do not participate you do not know what you are missing. For example - to mention just a few - touring the roof of the Abbey, climbing the Clock Tower, going on guided tours, visiting barns, old houses and historical sites, visiting projects like Butterfly World and Gardens of the Rose, all free of charge.
Thank you also for the special discounts offered saving us money in seeing shows at the Alban Arena, trying tasty food and wines at many local restaurants to even working it all off with offers at many sporting activities.
You may also want to watch:
You name it we have done most if not all of the great events that you have taken the time and trouble to put together. A special thank you to the staff at the Tourist Information Centre in St Albans who patiently deal with all the inquiries, not only on Residents First Weekend but all year round.
We love living here and participate all year round with many events and it makes us proud to live here. Friends and family love coming to visit and it makes us proud of St Albans and the surrounding area and to really appreciate how much we have on offer on our doorstep both historically and socially.
- 1 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
Gestures like the Resident First Weekend makes it even more special. It has everything for all ages so thanks again to everyone involved for giving up their time and looking after us.
MR and MRS HUNT,
Culver Road, St Albans.