SIR, — On behalf of Grove House and Levy Associates we would like to take this opportunity to thank the people of Harpenden for their help and enthusiastic support of the HERTS 10K Challenge last Sunday. This year the race attracted 2,500 entrants and has
SIR, - On behalf of Grove House and Levy Associates we would like to take this opportunity to thank the people of Harpenden for their help and enthusiastic support of the HERTS 10K Challenge last Sunday.
This year the race attracted 2,500 entrants and has become a very important event on the Grove House calendar. We will hopefully raise a staggering £150,000 from the day, which will have a huge impact on the work we do supporting local people with cancer and life-threatening illness.
We would like to apologise to local residents for any disturbance or inconvenience caused as a result of increased traffic levels and any noise from the public address system. We hope we didn't ruin too many peaceful Sunday mornings.
We would like to publicly thank Pc Shepherd and his team from the Harpenden Police for their expert help in manning the route, the Air Cadets for handing out water and the teams from St John's Ambulance and Raynet for being on hand to handle any minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
We extend our grateful thanks to Waitrose in Harpenden for providing water and bananas at the finish. We also thank Steven Beale and his team from Sainsburys in St Albans for providing and handing out water at water stations along the course and to all the suppliers who turned out to help feed the hungry crowds.
A special mention must go to the residents of Roundwood Park who rallied to help the Air Cadets when water supplies began to run low at the nearby water station.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 9 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 10 Saints in the City initiative will bring sports projects to local community
Last, but by no means least, Grove House would like to say a huge thank you to the many volunteers who worked so tirelessly, both on the day and before, to ensure the event was such a tremendous success.
PR Officer, Grove House.