SIR, — On behalf of Grove House and Levy Associates we would like to take this opportunity to thank the people of Harpenden for their help and enthusiastic support of the HERTS 10K Challenge last Sunday. This year the race attracted 2,500 entrants and has
SIR, - On behalf of Grove House and Levy Associates we would like to take this opportunity to thank the people of Harpenden for their help and enthusiastic support of the HERTS 10K Challenge last Sunday.
This year the race attracted 2,500 entrants and has become a very important event on the Grove House calendar. We will hopefully raise a staggering £150,000 from the day, which will have a huge impact on the work we do supporting local people with cancer and life-threatening illness.
We would like to apologise to local residents for any disturbance or inconvenience caused as a result of increased traffic levels and any noise from the public address system. We hope we didn't ruin too many peaceful Sunday mornings.
We would like to publicly thank Pc Shepherd and his team from the Harpenden Police for their expert help in manning the route, the Air Cadets for handing out water and the teams from St John's Ambulance and Raynet for being on hand to handle any minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
We extend our grateful thanks to Waitrose in Harpenden for providing water and bananas at the finish. We also thank Steven Beale and his team from Sainsburys in St Albans for providing and handing out water at water stations along the course and to all the suppliers who turned out to help feed the hungry crowds.
A special mention must go to the residents of Roundwood Park who rallied to help the Air Cadets when water supplies began to run low at the nearby water station.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 5 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
Last, but by no means least, Grove House would like to say a huge thank you to the many volunteers who worked so tirelessly, both on the day and before, to ensure the event was such a tremendous success.
PR Officer, Grove House.