SIR – May I through you newspaper say thank you to the kind person who found my wife s handbag. On Saturday, January 30, we parked behind Boots in Waddington Road at about 3.30pm. My wife, who has Alzheimer s, dropped her handbag as she got out of the car
SIR - May I through you newspaper say thank you to the kind person who found my wife's handbag.
On Saturday, January 30, we parked behind Boots in Waddington Road at about 3.30pm. My wife, who has Alzheimer's, dropped her handbag as she got out of the car. This was unnoticed by her or me.
When we returned to the car about 20 minutes later the hand bag had been picked up and placed on the windscreen of the car, intact.
My very grateful thanks are owed to the kind and honest person who found the bag and made sure it returned to the rightful owner. It is actions such as this that restore our faith in society and show us the values that good people live by.
You may also want to watch:
Heath Road, St Albans
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to