SIR – May I through you newspaper say thank you to the kind person who found my wife s handbag. On Saturday, January 30, we parked behind Boots in Waddington Road at about 3.30pm. My wife, who has Alzheimer s, dropped her handbag as she got out of the car
SIR - May I through you newspaper say thank you to the kind person who found my wife's handbag.
On Saturday, January 30, we parked behind Boots in Waddington Road at about 3.30pm. My wife, who has Alzheimer's, dropped her handbag as she got out of the car. This was unnoticed by her or me.
When we returned to the car about 20 minutes later the hand bag had been picked up and placed on the windscreen of the car, intact.
My very grateful thanks are owed to the kind and honest person who found the bag and made sure it returned to the rightful owner. It is actions such as this that restore our faith in society and show us the values that good people live by.
You may also want to watch:
Heath Road, St Albans
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 5 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 6 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 9 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant