SIR – May I through you newspaper say thank you to the kind person who found my wife s handbag. On Saturday, January 30, we parked behind Boots in Waddington Road at about 3.30pm. My wife, who has Alzheimer s, dropped her handbag as she got out of the car
SIR - May I through you newspaper say thank you to the kind person who found my wife's handbag.
On Saturday, January 30, we parked behind Boots in Waddington Road at about 3.30pm. My wife, who has Alzheimer's, dropped her handbag as she got out of the car. This was unnoticed by her or me.
When we returned to the car about 20 minutes later the hand bag had been picked up and placed on the windscreen of the car, intact.
My very grateful thanks are owed to the kind and honest person who found the bag and made sure it returned to the rightful owner. It is actions such as this that restore our faith in society and show us the values that good people live by.
You may also want to watch:
Heath Road, St Albans
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier