SIR – May I through you newspaper say thank you to the kind person who found my wife s handbag. On Saturday, January 30, we parked behind Boots in Waddington Road at about 3.30pm. My wife, who has Alzheimer s, dropped her handbag as she got out of the car
SIR - May I through you newspaper say thank you to the kind person who found my wife's handbag.
On Saturday, January 30, we parked behind Boots in Waddington Road at about 3.30pm. My wife, who has Alzheimer's, dropped her handbag as she got out of the car. This was unnoticed by her or me.
When we returned to the car about 20 minutes later the hand bag had been picked up and placed on the windscreen of the car, intact.
My very grateful thanks are owed to the kind and honest person who found the bag and made sure it returned to the rightful owner. It is actions such as this that restore our faith in society and show us the values that good people live by.
You may also want to watch:
Heath Road, St Albans
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?