Harpenden Gardening Society to hold virtual talks
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Gardening Society’s remaining talks for 2020 will now take place via Zoom.
The next talk will see the return of popular speaker Matthew Biggs, Gardeners Question Time panellist and author, on Tuesday, October 13 at 8pm.
Entitled “Dig for Victory, was it successful?”, the talk is free to existing members, with non-members who wish to attend invited to join the society for access to all future events.
The rest of 2020 sees more virtual guest appearances, including celebrated Chelsea medal winner Manoj Malde, in a seminar titled ‘A designer’s journey to Chelsea’.
TV editor and author Geoff Hodge will also feature, discussing winter colours in the garden and beating the winter blues.
You may also want to watch:
Annual membership to the The Royal Horticultural Society affiliated society costs £12, and can be obtained by contacting the society’s treasurer Douglas Knowles at email@example.com.
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area