SIR - What a cop out by the council to say they are not the Gestapo (Neighbours demand action on eyesore, Herts Advertiser, July 9). The council is the landlord therefore its there duty to see that their tenant is keeping the property in a decent state. I
SIR - What a cop out by the council to say they are not the Gestapo (Neighbours demand action on eyesore, Herts Advertiser, July 9).
The council is the landlord therefore its there duty to see that their tenant is keeping the property in a decent state.
I am a small landlord myself and let a property through an agent, the agent does three-monthly checks to ensure my tenant is keeping the property in a decent state, if not they are given time to rectify the fault and if not they are evicted.
When I first moved form London to Northolt with my parents, Ealing council did six-month checks to ensure their tenant was obeying the terms of the lease, do St Albans council not do this ?
You may also want to watch:
It seems that certain council workers enjoy a secure, well-paid job with nice pension paid for by the taxpayer, but when they have to do something to earn it they run scared. Replace them with people willing to act.
NAME and address supplied
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
SIR - This is another example of buck passing by St Albans Council.
Cllr Joyce Lusby uses emotive word "Gestapo" to say the council cannot force people to tidy their gardens. Surely the council have a right as the owners of the property to enforce certain standards.
If not then they should have, lots of our money is wasted in repairing these properties. I bet Cllr Joyce Lusby does not live next door to the property in question, otherwise you can be sure that action would be taken.
Come on councillor, do what the people who elected you want.