Gang Show success
SIR – On a recent Friday I attended the Gang Show in St Albans Arena; my first gang show for 50 years! I was treated to a superb spectacle of entertainment put on by a combination of Scouts and Guides from 29 different troops, of different ages, sizes, e
SIR - On a recent Friday I attended the Gang Show in St Albans Arena; my first gang show for 50 years!
I was treated to a superb spectacle of entertainment put on by a combination of Scouts and Guides from 29 different troops, of different ages, sizes, ethnicities and talents. The cast of more than 100 were in a variety of different costumes during the performance, the making of which would be a belonophobic's nightmare.
The choreography was good, the performances near faultless and all those involved deserve the highest praise; from the youngest performer to the oldest leader.
So why a pity? If only the disaffected youth who do nothing more than mindless vandalism could learn from the camaraderie, the commitment, the enthusiasm, the discipline, the cooperation, the ebullience, the audience approval and the sheer FUN that was engendered by all these people working together in a harmonious atmosphere, then our world could be a better place.
You may also want to watch:
If only they could learn that by doing positive, pleasant things which challenged them and extracted their talents, and could make people like them and be friendly with them, they could actually be happy in the world they are in, and not miserable kids hanging about smoking and drinking and having little purpose to their lives
I reckon even the politicians could learn a thing or two!
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 3 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 7 Swimming's coming home for Harpenden as club return to refurbished base
- 8 When will the election results be counted in Herts?
- 9 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
CLLR LYN BOLTON