SIR, — A free gift! Surely there s a catch? There s no catch at all. Even the phone call is free. Try calling 0800 616963 and find out. My wife and I are both over, well over, 70 and we responded to one of the full-page advertisements in the local press o
SIR, - A free gift! Surely there's a catch? There's no catch at all. Even the phone call is free. Try calling 0800 616963 and find out.
My wife and I are both over, well over, 70 and we responded to one of the full-page advertisements in the local press offering free wall and/or roof insulation for any house (not council houses) where at least one resident was over 70 years old.
Our call was answered by a human being, not a Dalek as so often happens. The lady took our phone number and a couple of days later a surveyor phoned to fix an appointment to visit and take details of the dimensions, etc.
Another few days and an insulation installing firm phoned to arrange a date to do the work. A few more days and here came a young man with a van full of roof insulation (our walls were not suitable to receive insulation).
It took him, working on his own, about 45 minutes to do the work - very polite, very considerate and clean in his work. And the whole business cost us not a penny. Remember too that the house is warmer and heating bills are less forever.
There are considerable reductions for people under 70. Just phone and find out.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 5 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 7 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 8 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 10 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
Fishpool Street, St Albans.