SIR, — A free gift! Surely there s a catch? There s no catch at all. Even the phone call is free. Try calling 0800 616963 and find out. My wife and I are both over, well over, 70 and we responded to one of the full-page advertisements in the local press o
SIR, - A free gift! Surely there's a catch? There's no catch at all. Even the phone call is free. Try calling 0800 616963 and find out.
My wife and I are both over, well over, 70 and we responded to one of the full-page advertisements in the local press offering free wall and/or roof insulation for any house (not council houses) where at least one resident was over 70 years old.
Our call was answered by a human being, not a Dalek as so often happens. The lady took our phone number and a couple of days later a surveyor phoned to fix an appointment to visit and take details of the dimensions, etc.
Another few days and an insulation installing firm phoned to arrange a date to do the work. A few more days and here came a young man with a van full of roof insulation (our walls were not suitable to receive insulation).
You may also want to watch:
It took him, working on his own, about 45 minutes to do the work - very polite, very considerate and clean in his work. And the whole business cost us not a penny. Remember too that the house is warmer and heating bills are less forever.
There are considerable reductions for people under 70. Just phone and find out.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 8 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 9 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 10 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
Fishpool Street, St Albans.