SIR, — A free gift! Surely there s a catch? There s no catch at all. Even the phone call is free. Try calling 0800 616963 and find out. My wife and I are both over, well over, 70 and we responded to one of the full-page advertisements in the local press o
SIR, - A free gift! Surely there's a catch? There's no catch at all. Even the phone call is free. Try calling 0800 616963 and find out.
My wife and I are both over, well over, 70 and we responded to one of the full-page advertisements in the local press offering free wall and/or roof insulation for any house (not council houses) where at least one resident was over 70 years old.
Our call was answered by a human being, not a Dalek as so often happens. The lady took our phone number and a couple of days later a surveyor phoned to fix an appointment to visit and take details of the dimensions, etc.
Another few days and an insulation installing firm phoned to arrange a date to do the work. A few more days and here came a young man with a van full of roof insulation (our walls were not suitable to receive insulation).
You may also want to watch:
It took him, working on his own, about 45 minutes to do the work - very polite, very considerate and clean in his work. And the whole business cost us not a penny. Remember too that the house is warmer and heating bills are less forever.
There are considerable reductions for people under 70. Just phone and find out.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 9 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
Fishpool Street, St Albans.