SIR, — A free gift! Surely there s a catch? There s no catch at all. Even the phone call is free. Try calling 0800 616963 and find out. My wife and I are both over, well over, 70 and we responded to one of the full-page advertisements in the local press o
SIR, - A free gift! Surely there's a catch? There's no catch at all. Even the phone call is free. Try calling 0800 616963 and find out.
My wife and I are both over, well over, 70 and we responded to one of the full-page advertisements in the local press offering free wall and/or roof insulation for any house (not council houses) where at least one resident was over 70 years old.
Our call was answered by a human being, not a Dalek as so often happens. The lady took our phone number and a couple of days later a surveyor phoned to fix an appointment to visit and take details of the dimensions, etc.
Another few days and an insulation installing firm phoned to arrange a date to do the work. A few more days and here came a young man with a van full of roof insulation (our walls were not suitable to receive insulation).
You may also want to watch:
It took him, working on his own, about 45 minutes to do the work - very polite, very considerate and clean in his work. And the whole business cost us not a penny. Remember too that the house is warmer and heating bills are less forever.
There are considerable reductions for people under 70. Just phone and find out.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
Fishpool Street, St Albans.