Form over function
SIR, — As a commuter to London I was most excited that we were to get a new Kings Cross Station to make our journey a little more tolerable. However I, along with many other people, am extremely disappointed that although the new St Pancras International
SIR, - As a commuter to London I was most excited that we were to get a new Kings Cross Station to make our journey a little more tolerable. However I, along with many other people, am extremely disappointed that although the new St Pancras International provides us with an aesthetically-pleasing place to alight, it also adds a further 15 minutes to my journey each way because of the long walk to the tube through the crowds of people.
Mr Steve Pryor's letter (Herts Advertiser, January 3), I have to be honest, made my blood boil. His flippant attitude to a down-graded service is further evidence of Britain's inability to complain when thing are not acceptable. He may be happy with the extra walk to the tube, but frankly when my season ticket has increased by a ridiculous amount yet again, I am not.
He also suggests that there was a "crush......on the old Thameslink Station". Does he really think things are any better now? There is exactly the same crush - just in nicer surroundings.
Why can First Capital Connect not reopen the old Thameslink station for those of us who want quick access to the Victoria Line and still stop at St Pancras so Mr Pryor can enjoy burning off his "surplus energy"?
You may also want to watch:
Come on commuters. Don't take Mr Pryor's roll-over-and-die attitude. Let's kick up a fuss and show First Capital Connect that not only does their service stink but their decisions do too.
Now tell me - where do I sign this petition?
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
Avenue Road, St Albans.