Form over function
SIR, — As a commuter to London I was most excited that we were to get a new Kings Cross Station to make our journey a little more tolerable. However I, along with many other people, am extremely disappointed that although the new St Pancras International
SIR, - As a commuter to London I was most excited that we were to get a new Kings Cross Station to make our journey a little more tolerable. However I, along with many other people, am extremely disappointed that although the new St Pancras International provides us with an aesthetically-pleasing place to alight, it also adds a further 15 minutes to my journey each way because of the long walk to the tube through the crowds of people.
Mr Steve Pryor's letter (Herts Advertiser, January 3), I have to be honest, made my blood boil. His flippant attitude to a down-graded service is further evidence of Britain's inability to complain when thing are not acceptable. He may be happy with the extra walk to the tube, but frankly when my season ticket has increased by a ridiculous amount yet again, I am not.
He also suggests that there was a "crush......on the old Thameslink Station". Does he really think things are any better now? There is exactly the same crush - just in nicer surroundings.
Why can First Capital Connect not reopen the old Thameslink station for those of us who want quick access to the Victoria Line and still stop at St Pancras so Mr Pryor can enjoy burning off his "surplus energy"?
You may also want to watch:
Come on commuters. Don't take Mr Pryor's roll-over-and-die attitude. Let's kick up a fuss and show First Capital Connect that not only does their service stink but their decisions do too.
Now tell me - where do I sign this petition?
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
Avenue Road, St Albans.