Form over function
SIR, — As a commuter to London I was most excited that we were to get a new Kings Cross Station to make our journey a little more tolerable. However I, along with many other people, am extremely disappointed that although the new St Pancras International
SIR, - As a commuter to London I was most excited that we were to get a new Kings Cross Station to make our journey a little more tolerable. However I, along with many other people, am extremely disappointed that although the new St Pancras International provides us with an aesthetically-pleasing place to alight, it also adds a further 15 minutes to my journey each way because of the long walk to the tube through the crowds of people.
Mr Steve Pryor's letter (Herts Advertiser, January 3), I have to be honest, made my blood boil. His flippant attitude to a down-graded service is further evidence of Britain's inability to complain when thing are not acceptable. He may be happy with the extra walk to the tube, but frankly when my season ticket has increased by a ridiculous amount yet again, I am not.
He also suggests that there was a "crush......on the old Thameslink Station". Does he really think things are any better now? There is exactly the same crush - just in nicer surroundings.
Why can First Capital Connect not reopen the old Thameslink station for those of us who want quick access to the Victoria Line and still stop at St Pancras so Mr Pryor can enjoy burning off his "surplus energy"?
Come on commuters. Don't take Mr Pryor's roll-over-and-die attitude. Let's kick up a fuss and show First Capital Connect that not only does their service stink but their decisions do too.
Now tell me - where do I sign this petition?
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 9 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
Avenue Road, St Albans.