Form over function
SIR, — As a commuter to London I was most excited that we were to get a new Kings Cross Station to make our journey a little more tolerable. However I, along with many other people, am extremely disappointed that although the new St Pancras International
SIR, - As a commuter to London I was most excited that we were to get a new Kings Cross Station to make our journey a little more tolerable. However I, along with many other people, am extremely disappointed that although the new St Pancras International provides us with an aesthetically-pleasing place to alight, it also adds a further 15 minutes to my journey each way because of the long walk to the tube through the crowds of people.
Mr Steve Pryor's letter (Herts Advertiser, January 3), I have to be honest, made my blood boil. His flippant attitude to a down-graded service is further evidence of Britain's inability to complain when thing are not acceptable. He may be happy with the extra walk to the tube, but frankly when my season ticket has increased by a ridiculous amount yet again, I am not.
He also suggests that there was a "crush......on the old Thameslink Station". Does he really think things are any better now? There is exactly the same crush - just in nicer surroundings.
Why can First Capital Connect not reopen the old Thameslink station for those of us who want quick access to the Victoria Line and still stop at St Pancras so Mr Pryor can enjoy burning off his "surplus energy"?
You may also want to watch:
Come on commuters. Don't take Mr Pryor's roll-over-and-die attitude. Let's kick up a fuss and show First Capital Connect that not only does their service stink but their decisions do too.
Now tell me - where do I sign this petition?
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
Avenue Road, St Albans.