SIR, — Following your article last week on the upcoming St Albans Food and Drink Festival 2009. I would like to bring to the attention of all fans of St Albans and the surrounding district s local produce, that Geoffrey Carr has undertaken the commendable
SIR, - Following your article last week on the upcoming St Albans Food and Drink Festival 2009. I would like to bring to the attention of all fans of St Albans and the surrounding district's local produce, that Geoffrey Carr has undertaken the commendable step of setting up a food group campaigning for the use of local and artisan products. He is currently inviting anyone who is interested in joining to please do so. He will be a very visible presence at the festival on July 4 and 5, where anybody who is interested can join up or simply satisfy any queries they may have.
Some readers may remember Mr Carr as the local hero who notoriously took issue with the so-called "healthy weight" machine that was placed in the St Peter's Street branch of Boots a couple of years ago. He is now back championing for the people again in the quest to support the county's local producers and gastronomic masses.
I wish him the best of luck with this venture and pledge my support to this worthy cause and hope many of my fellow readers will appreciate this news as I have.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area