SIR, — Following your article last week on the upcoming St Albans Food and Drink Festival 2009. I would like to bring to the attention of all fans of St Albans and the surrounding district s local produce, that Geoffrey Carr has undertaken the commendable
SIR, - Following your article last week on the upcoming St Albans Food and Drink Festival 2009. I would like to bring to the attention of all fans of St Albans and the surrounding district's local produce, that Geoffrey Carr has undertaken the commendable step of setting up a food group campaigning for the use of local and artisan products. He is currently inviting anyone who is interested in joining to please do so. He will be a very visible presence at the festival on July 4 and 5, where anybody who is interested can join up or simply satisfy any queries they may have.
Some readers may remember Mr Carr as the local hero who notoriously took issue with the so-called "healthy weight" machine that was placed in the St Peter's Street branch of Boots a couple of years ago. He is now back championing for the people again in the quest to support the county's local producers and gastronomic masses.
I wish him the best of luck with this venture and pledge my support to this worthy cause and hope many of my fellow readers will appreciate this news as I have.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery