SIR, – I would like to congratulate the individual(s) who decided to dump a load of rubbish in Bullens Green Lane recently. Could I ask them to consider what the whole area would look like if we all did this? What is unbelievable is: 1. The individual(s)
SIR, - I would like to congratulate the individual(s) who decided to dump a load of rubbish in Bullens Green Lane recently. Could I ask them to consider what the whole area would look like if we all did this?
What is unbelievable is:
1. The individual(s) concerned must have driven to the spot where they dumped the rubbish in the first place;
2. There is a dump in Potters Bar, on Cranborne estate (no more than 10 minutes drive away). How do I know this - because I made two trips to the dump on Sunday, July 12, to actually get rid of this eyesore. Yes, I took it all there myself;
You may also want to watch:
3. Most of it was recyclable, consisting of clothes, shoes and a tyre.
No doubt the individuals concerned will not read this but maybe others who are like-minded (i.e., care nothing for the limited environment that we live in) might just think twice.
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 3 Police seek cyclist after city centre assault
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 6 How many candidates are standing for county council?
- 7 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 8 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 9 Swimming's coming home for Harpenden as club return to refurbished base
- 10 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
I would not be surprised if this is not printed - after all it is only fly tipping yet again.
A RESIDENT OF BULLENS GREEN
Name and address supplied