SIR — We too are parents of a child with no ranked school. Two runs of continuing interest have passed and we are still waiting. Both myself and my wife have spent most of our lives in Wheathampstead, were educated in Wheathampstead and we can clearly rem
SIR - We too are parents of a child with no ranked school. Two runs of continuing interest have passed and we are still waiting. Both myself and my wife have spent most of our lives in Wheathampstead, were educated in Wheathampstead and we can clearly remember the promises that were made to the children of our village when the local school was closed.
Marshalswick School and Wheathampstead School were merged and the catchment area for this school was Marshalswick/north St Albans, Sandridge and Wheathampstead.
As I see it, the catchment area has been opened up to other areas in St Albans which is why our son is number 32 on the continuing interest list for Sandringham, his nearest local school.
Clearly this is wrong and again village children are bearing the brunt of a flawed system.
You may also want to watch:
ANDREW and PAULETTE ALEXANDER,
Nurseries Road, Wheathampstead.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests