Finale Weekend Street Festival
FINALE WEEKEND STREET FESTIVAL 5th July, St Peters Street and Market Place 12 – 9pm. FREE! An outdoor street festival will provide the perfect end to SAFDF, as the City Centre is transformed into a haven for foodies. To celebrate the incredible range of r
FINALE WEEKEND STREET FESTIVAL
5th July, St Peters Street and Market Place
12 - 9pm.
An outdoor street festival will provide the perfect end to SAFDF, as the City Centre is transformed into a haven for foodies.
To celebrate the incredible range of restaurants, chefs and gastronomic talent in St Albans, 7 of the City's best dining brands will take to the streets to bring a 'Taste of St Albans' to the people, provide chef demonstrations and sample their wares for a whole day of food festival fun!
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 7 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
Included as part of the celebrations on Sunday 5th July:
- Festival Chef Demonstration Theatre.
Situated on Market Place, this will be the location for a full programme of cookery
demonstrations hosted by the City and District's top chefs.
FULL CHEF DEMO PROGRAMME:
- 11am - Faisal Maniar from The Albany on George Street will be demonstrating how to create your own vanilla ice cream with honeycomb.
- 12pm - Romaine Lacaille, Michelin trained chef, at The Portland Arms will be cooking up a Chicken Supreme stuffed with tapenade, served with roast new potatoes and sun dried tomatoes.
- 1pm - Andrei Lussmann and the Lussmanns team from St Albans favourite fish and grill restaurant cook up some treats from their delicious menu.
- 2pm - Chad Rahman, the multi award-winning chef from the fabulous Chez Mumtaj on London Road gives an insight into his modern style of French-Asian cuisine
- 3pm - Mokoko head barman Roberto Fiorillo, one of Hertfordshire's most talented
mixologists will be giving a cocktail master class and demonstrating his bar skills.
- 5pm - Phil Houlhan, Head Chef at The Amble Inn in Harpenden will be popping down to whip up a fantastic seasonal dish.
- 6pm - Chef Duo Alex Elliot and Nick Smith from The Peahen will be cooking Sea bass and rock samphire served with clams tossed with Spanish chirizo, topped with a white wine foam.
Festival Street Dining.
St Albans best restaurants and suppliers will be providing taster menus, samplers and different takes on their usual menus, creating a Festival food court with a uniquely local flavour! Stroll around the restaurant food court and then relax in the seating area - the perfect gourmet lazy Sunday...
Full programme includes:
- Lussmans serving delicious grilled lamb wraps and Riverford Organic Strawberries and Icecream.
- Riverford Organic serving speciality organic food hampers and picnics. Also look out for some unusual vegetables from the Riverford Farm.
- Kashu serving a delicious (and impressive) hog roast and Eton Mess!
- Portland Arms serving delicious homemade dishes including 'Chef's Mum's Pate' and their signature new roast potatoes.
- Carluccio's St Albans serving fresh and delicious food from the authentic Carluccio's menu all day including Mushroom Risotto and Sausage sandwiches.
- Stable Door serving Paella, Meatballs and a homemade bean stew.
- MKS Food serving nuts and dried fruits.
- Soko Coffee serving hot and cold drinks as well as their delicious cakes and goodies.
Wine Festival at Old Town Hall in Association with Cellar Door Wines
There's plenty on the tipple-side for revellers too, with the Wine Festival taking place
adjacent in the Town Hall (see above)!
- Farmers Markets.
An array of local producers will be selling their wares on St Peters Street, especially to mark the SAFDF.
- Live Music.
At SAFDF Community Stage.
- Fuze Festival.
Courtesy of St Albans Festival, Fuze returns to the streets of St Albans this year with a Stateside theme. The Main Stage will host a packed music programme celebrating the best in American music.The city will be buzzing with walkabout acts plus cheerleaders and lots of things for the children to do especially Kidzone which offers activities for the children including crafts, rides and a climbing wall.
Activity will be staged on St Peters Street and all the way down to Market Place and outside the Clock Tower. Entry is free, and the event is open from 11am - 9pm on Sunday 5th July