FCC's contempt for customers
SIR – Yet again, First Capital Connect s contempt for their customers is laid bare. I tried to catch a train from St Albans City station into London on the afternoon of Saturday, March 20, only to be told that due to a serious operating incident all tr
SIR - Yet again, First Capital Connect's contempt for their customers is laid bare.
I tried to catch a train from St Albans City station into London on the afternoon of Saturday, March 20, only to be told that due to a "serious operating incident" all trains were stopped until further notice.
I was disappointed by this, but not too worried because I was then told that if I caught a bus to Hatfield, my train ticket would be valid on trains into London from Hatfield.
And what with there being a bus terminal right outside St Albans City station, I figured my journey wouldn't be too disrupted after all. Imagine my surprise, then, on being told when boarding the bus to Hatfield that my ticket was not valid on the bus and I would have to pay extra.
You may also want to watch:
"Surely some mistake?" I thought, so I went back into the train station where I was told that no, this was no mistake: if I wanted to travel into London I'd have to pay extra because FCC do not pay for bus travel to Hatfield.
Or, to put it another way, when FCC fail to provide the service their customers have paid for, their customers pay extra for the inconvenience.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 4 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 7 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 10 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
I have been patient with FCC until now - even through the months of reduced service due entirely to their own incompetence - but this is the final straw.
DR PETER MAY