SIR, — I am writing a history of my mother s family, the Pomfreys of London Colney and am seeking further information on the following: l John (Jack) Pomfrey, master smith, 1892-1963. I have a great deal of information regarding his blacksmith skills and
SIR, - I am writing a history of my mother's family, the Pomfreys of London Colney and am seeking further information on the following:
l John (Jack) Pomfrey, master smith, 1892-1963. I have a great deal of information regarding his blacksmith skills and would like to contact any descendants. I believe he had two daughters and a son and would like to include them in the family history.
l Ben (Herbert) Pomfrey, bus driver, 1909-1985. I would like any details regarding his wife and family.
I have old family photographs that I am happy to share with relatives and would add that, as I am now in my eighties, I am anxious to complete my record which will be sent to all interested parties. My mother was Alison Pomfrey and was the storyteller of the family, so I have quite a lot of detail from her and many others.
You may also want to watch:
I would be grateful if you could find room to print this appeal and will answer all correspondence received.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
18 Victoria Street,
Sheringham, Norfolk, NR26 8JZ.