SIR, — Dear old Odeon, glad to hear from you (Herts Advertiser, June 19). You have been close to me since you and I were born and I have many happy memories of the past: queues waiting outside for the next performance and once — the famous organ performin
SIR, - Dear old Odeon, glad to hear from you (Herts Advertiser, June 19). You have been close to me since you and I were born and I have many happy memories of the past: queues waiting outside for the next performance and once - the famous organ performing during the interval.
But that was when you were young and vibrant, but like us all, time took its toll and the face got lined and in need of repair.
Sorry you didn't have someone to care for you, but sad to say you have gone to pot over the last 30 years and look very poorly. A new face is needed to improve the image of St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
London Road, St Albans.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 6 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian home on one of St Albans' most prestigious roads
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area