SIR – Madeleine Burton s article on Anne Main s expenses had a bit of a spin on it when it came to Mrs Main s comments. According to Madeleine, Mrs Main said that they (the Committee on Standards and Privileges) did conclude that I need to make a payment
SIR - Madeleine Burton's article on Anne Main's expenses had a bit of a spin on it when it came to Mrs Main's comments. According to Madeleine, Mrs Main said that "they (the Committee on Standards and Privileges) did conclude that I need to make a payment to reflect this personal benefit to me as a parent".
Well, not quite. Having read the entire report I can tell you that what the Committee actually said is that "Mrs Main has not recognised or accepted the distinction between meeting an adult daughter's living costs from private funds and meeting them from the public purse".
Also, no mention of the fact that the Committee has invited Mrs Main to apologise in writing for these breaches.
And it's �7,100 not �7,000.
You may also want to watch:
Windridge Close, St Albans
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 5 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 6 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 7 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 Giant glass wings installed at St Albans Cathedral to offer 'Solace' in loss
- 10 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant