SIR – Madeleine Burton s article on Anne Main s expenses had a bit of a spin on it when it came to Mrs Main s comments. According to Madeleine, Mrs Main said that they (the Committee on Standards and Privileges) did conclude that I need to make a payment
SIR - Madeleine Burton's article on Anne Main's expenses had a bit of a spin on it when it came to Mrs Main's comments. According to Madeleine, Mrs Main said that "they (the Committee on Standards and Privileges) did conclude that I need to make a payment to reflect this personal benefit to me as a parent".
Well, not quite. Having read the entire report I can tell you that what the Committee actually said is that "Mrs Main has not recognised or accepted the distinction between meeting an adult daughter's living costs from private funds and meeting them from the public purse".
Also, no mention of the fact that the Committee has invited Mrs Main to apologise in writing for these breaches.
And it's �7,100 not �7,000.
You may also want to watch:
Windridge Close, St Albans
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 4 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 7 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 8 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 9 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 10 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub