SIR – Madeleine Burton s article on Anne Main s expenses had a bit of a spin on it when it came to Mrs Main s comments. According to Madeleine, Mrs Main said that they (the Committee on Standards and Privileges) did conclude that I need to make a payment
SIR - Madeleine Burton's article on Anne Main's expenses had a bit of a spin on it when it came to Mrs Main's comments. According to Madeleine, Mrs Main said that "they (the Committee on Standards and Privileges) did conclude that I need to make a payment to reflect this personal benefit to me as a parent".
Well, not quite. Having read the entire report I can tell you that what the Committee actually said is that "Mrs Main has not recognised or accepted the distinction between meeting an adult daughter's living costs from private funds and meeting them from the public purse".
Also, no mention of the fact that the Committee has invited Mrs Main to apologise in writing for these breaches.
And it's �7,100 not �7,000.
You may also want to watch:
Windridge Close, St Albans
- 1 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 6 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 9 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier