SIR – I wonder what message is portrayed by the array of for sale signs in front of Old Mile House Court? At first sight I doubt if prospective buyers would be attracted. In fact I suggest the opposite might apply. To see eight boards at the front of a
SIR - I wonder what message is portrayed by the array of for sale signs in front of Old Mile House Court? At first sight I doubt if prospective buyers would be attracted. In fact I suggest the opposite might apply.
To see eight boards at the front of a block of 13 apartments is indicative of the effects of a major problem at this location.
Perhaps plans for a flyover; a tower block to be constructed directly opposite or even advance knowledge of a pending compulsory purchase to enable a roundabout to be constructed. There must be some serious common problem. If I was in residence there I would not take kindly to the hideous sight of such signage at the front of my property. I sense that I would be tempted adopt the urge to get to work with a crowbar and shift the lot under cover of darkness.
One thing in particular that perplexes me is how on earth one of the agents can see the justification for displaying four identical signs. It's not as though the numbers of the apartments for sale are shown.
You may also want to watch:
Surely management should have the common sense to realise that a single sign might encourage a prospective buyer to enquire whereas four signs might encourage the same person to steer well clear. I feel for those looking to sell. I don't think you are being aided by the agents.
- 1 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 7 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
Chairman, Mile House Residents Association