SIR, — The downward slide of this over-regulated nation into infancy was made clear last week when somebody again said wheelie and there was an impassioned diatribe once more against the use of plastic bags for non-recyclables. The green bags (greenies?
SIR, - The downward slide of this over-regulated nation into infancy was made clear last week when somebody again said "wheelie" and there was an impassioned diatribe once more against the use of plastic bags for non-recyclables.
The green bags (greenies?)will cease to be green if the above are put into them, including clingfilm if there is nothing else allowed.
To continue, I believe the police responded magnificently to a recent break-in but so what?
When all the walls are covered with graffiti
You may also want to watch:
And all the politicians (except one) have resigned,
And all our yesterdays asre smashed to splinters,
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
And all the banks are steadily unkind.
And no-one anymore can get to London,
Not even if they're home by half-past four,
And all the waiting lists are full for prison,
And plastic bags aren't legal anymore,
The hoodies knifing greenies in the wheelies
Will squash the heaving maggies on the floor.
The Dell, Radlett.