SIR, — The downward slide of this over-regulated nation into infancy was made clear last week when somebody again said wheelie and there was an impassioned diatribe once more against the use of plastic bags for non-recyclables. The green bags (greenies?
SIR, - The downward slide of this over-regulated nation into infancy was made clear last week when somebody again said "wheelie" and there was an impassioned diatribe once more against the use of plastic bags for non-recyclables.
The green bags (greenies?)will cease to be green if the above are put into them, including clingfilm if there is nothing else allowed.
To continue, I believe the police responded magnificently to a recent break-in but so what?
When all the walls are covered with graffiti
And all the politicians (except one) have resigned,
And all our yesterdays asre smashed to splinters,
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 8 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
And all the banks are steadily unkind.
And no-one anymore can get to London,
Not even if they're home by half-past four,
And all the waiting lists are full for prison,
And plastic bags aren't legal anymore,
The hoodies knifing greenies in the wheelies
Will squash the heaving maggies on the floor.
The Dell, Radlett.