SIR, — The downward slide of this over-regulated nation into infancy was made clear last week when somebody again said wheelie and there was an impassioned diatribe once more against the use of plastic bags for non-recyclables. The green bags (greenies?
SIR, - The downward slide of this over-regulated nation into infancy was made clear last week when somebody again said "wheelie" and there was an impassioned diatribe once more against the use of plastic bags for non-recyclables.
The green bags (greenies?)will cease to be green if the above are put into them, including clingfilm if there is nothing else allowed.
To continue, I believe the police responded magnificently to a recent break-in but so what?
When all the walls are covered with graffiti
You may also want to watch:
And all the politicians (except one) have resigned,
And all our yesterdays asre smashed to splinters,
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 9 Saints in the City initiative will bring sports projects to local community
- 10 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
And all the banks are steadily unkind.
And no-one anymore can get to London,
Not even if they're home by half-past four,
And all the waiting lists are full for prison,
And plastic bags aren't legal anymore,
The hoodies knifing greenies in the wheelies
Will squash the heaving maggies on the floor.
The Dell, Radlett.