SIR — The story headlined Man fined for parking on his own driveway (Herts Advertiser, April 24) was significant in that it omitted to include the part of my press statement to you which said: Most importantly, (our residents) are able to attend emerge
SIR - The story headlined "Man fined for parking on his own driveway" (Herts Advertiser, April 24) was significant in that it omitted to include the part of my press statement to you which said: "Most importantly, (our residents) are able to attend emergency calls without being locked in."
The vital role that the medical staff who live in our properties in St Albans play in the community is central to this parking issue. We have on record complaints from some of them saying that they were being prevented from carrying out their duties on account of other people actually parking on their private drives and blocking their vehicles. The introduction of the parking scheme has resolved this problem and has now been widely accepted by our residents.
Director, London Strategic Housing.
You may also want to watch:
n Editor's note: Perhaps we are missing the point. Our story was about your tenant being issued with a penalty notice for parking on his own driveway, not on anyone else's.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire