Down to earth
SIR — Ten reasons not to use a police helicopter in response to a stolen red Ford Escort (Herts Advertiser, October 23). 1.) It kept me awake. 2.) Fuel costs are going up, don t you know? 3.) The car was probably insured. 4.) Even if it wasn t insured, th
SIR - Ten reasons not to use a police helicopter in response to a stolen red Ford Escort (Herts Advertiser, October 23).
1.) It kept me awake.
2.) Fuel costs are going up, don't you know?
3.) The car was probably insured.
You may also want to watch:
4.) Even if it wasn't insured, the police could have replaced it, perhaps with a better model, for less than the chopper cost.
5.) The chopper is bad for the environment.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
6.) The pilot probably got bored of driving in circles.
7.) The pilot was probably on double time as it was night work.
8.) I'll put money on the fact the searchlights don't use low-energy bulbs.
9.) My nine-year-old son was amazed but disappointed he slept through it all.
10.) Where will it end? My cat was missing for a week recently - will they get the choppers out for him too?
Disclaimer: No offence intended to the owners of the red Ford Escort - I've had things stolen and it's awful - or to the police (I know you work very hard). I just find this particular incident a little bizarre.
Watsons Walk, St Albans