SIR, — Further to the letter and story (Herts Advertiser, September 18) concerning the ever-increasing car-park fees at local stations, I should like to draw attention to an additional issue. In the past, in the event of there being no spaces available la
SIR, - Further to the letter and story (Herts Advertiser, September 18) concerning the ever-increasing car-park fees at local stations, I should like to draw attention to an additional issue.
In the past, in the event of there being no spaces available later in the morning at the multi-storey car park adjacent to St Albans City Station, it was possible to park in the open area across the road at no additional charge - ie the annual ticket was recognised.
Since the building of the additional car park however in this area, if the multi-storey car park adjacent to the station is full, we have to pay yet again to park. This is outrageous considering that, as pointed out last week, customers pay a sum approaching £1,000 for an annual ticket.
I had a lengthy correspondence recently about this when after a local appointment I arrived just after 10am. Tickets should be valid for both, especially in view of the fact that both NCP and FCC declined to say how many tickets they sell for the main multi-storey car park. There are apparently 1,000 spaces but one wonders how many times they are selling the same spaces to those with yearly, quarterly, monthly or daily tickets.
You may also want to watch:
Monks Horton Way, St Albans.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match