Doing our bit
SIR, — With reference to the letter by Jamie Day, St Albans District Councillor and Colney Heath Parish Councillor. I welcome the content because it illustrates quite eloquently and perfectly the party-political essence of his comments. Ninety-five per ce
SIR, - With reference to the letter by Jamie Day, St Albans District Councillor and Colney Heath Parish Councillor. I welcome the content because it illustrates quite eloquently and perfectly the party-political essence of his comments.
Ninety-five per cent of Tyttenhanger Green residents have signed a petition and support the closing of the dangerous Barley Mow Lane yet Cllr Day sees fit to disagree and prevaricate about its implementation.
Yet in his letter last week he freely confirms that he has witnessed the criminality which has existed unabated for the last 20 years of his own personal recollection.
The Barley Mow Lane Safety Forum (BMLSF) was founded because of comments such as Cllr Day's and a previous failure of many of our so-called representatives.
You may also want to watch:
We now have within our grasp a golden opportunity to make a real difference to everybody's quality of life within the village.
Please accept that closing Barley Mow Lane is the only way to achieve this. Cllr Day states that he has witnessed criminality himself for 20 years so perhaps he would like to tell the people of the parish what efforts he has made to dissipate the problems of the rat-running, the fly-tipping, the anti-social behaviour, the dangerous driving and the personal attacks.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
If as I suspect the answer is very little, perhaps he can tell me what he has done to support the police in this endeavour. MP Anne Main, Cllr Chris Brazier and ourselves have done quite a bit.
Barley Mow Lane, St Albans.