Doing our bit
SIR, — With reference to the letter by Jamie Day, St Albans District Councillor and Colney Heath Parish Councillor. I welcome the content because it illustrates quite eloquently and perfectly the party-political essence of his comments. Ninety-five per ce
SIR, - With reference to the letter by Jamie Day, St Albans District Councillor and Colney Heath Parish Councillor. I welcome the content because it illustrates quite eloquently and perfectly the party-political essence of his comments.
Ninety-five per cent of Tyttenhanger Green residents have signed a petition and support the closing of the dangerous Barley Mow Lane yet Cllr Day sees fit to disagree and prevaricate about its implementation.
Yet in his letter last week he freely confirms that he has witnessed the criminality which has existed unabated for the last 20 years of his own personal recollection.
The Barley Mow Lane Safety Forum (BMLSF) was founded because of comments such as Cllr Day's and a previous failure of many of our so-called representatives.
We now have within our grasp a golden opportunity to make a real difference to everybody's quality of life within the village.
Please accept that closing Barley Mow Lane is the only way to achieve this. Cllr Day states that he has witnessed criminality himself for 20 years so perhaps he would like to tell the people of the parish what efforts he has made to dissipate the problems of the rat-running, the fly-tipping, the anti-social behaviour, the dangerous driving and the personal attacks.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 6 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 7 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
- 10 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
If as I suspect the answer is very little, perhaps he can tell me what he has done to support the police in this endeavour. MP Anne Main, Cllr Chris Brazier and ourselves have done quite a bit.
Barley Mow Lane, St Albans.