Doing our bit
SIR, — With reference to the letter by Jamie Day, St Albans District Councillor and Colney Heath Parish Councillor. I welcome the content because it illustrates quite eloquently and perfectly the party-political essence of his comments. Ninety-five per ce
SIR, - With reference to the letter by Jamie Day, St Albans District Councillor and Colney Heath Parish Councillor. I welcome the content because it illustrates quite eloquently and perfectly the party-political essence of his comments.
Ninety-five per cent of Tyttenhanger Green residents have signed a petition and support the closing of the dangerous Barley Mow Lane yet Cllr Day sees fit to disagree and prevaricate about its implementation.
Yet in his letter last week he freely confirms that he has witnessed the criminality which has existed unabated for the last 20 years of his own personal recollection.
The Barley Mow Lane Safety Forum (BMLSF) was founded because of comments such as Cllr Day's and a previous failure of many of our so-called representatives.
You may also want to watch:
We now have within our grasp a golden opportunity to make a real difference to everybody's quality of life within the village.
Please accept that closing Barley Mow Lane is the only way to achieve this. Cllr Day states that he has witnessed criminality himself for 20 years so perhaps he would like to tell the people of the parish what efforts he has made to dissipate the problems of the rat-running, the fly-tipping, the anti-social behaviour, the dangerous driving and the personal attacks.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
If as I suspect the answer is very little, perhaps he can tell me what he has done to support the police in this endeavour. MP Anne Main, Cllr Chris Brazier and ourselves have done quite a bit.
Barley Mow Lane, St Albans.