SIR, —I write in response to Cllr Jamie Day s letter which says that closing Barley Mow Lane is not the answer (Herts Advertiser, July 31). Cllr Day, I too have been a part of Tyttenhanger Green for over 20 years and like yourself I too have been a victim
SIR, -I write in response to Cllr Jamie Day's letter which says that closing Barley Mow Lane is not the answer (Herts Advertiser, July 31).
Cllr Day, I too have been a part of Tyttenhanger Green for over 20 years and like yourself I too have been a victim of crime and witnessed numerous drivers dangerously speeding along Barley Mow Lane. We all know it goes on and the authorities and both parish and district councillors have tried to address it but it has not worked, has it?
So instead of blaming others for the continuing anti-social behaviour and dangers, here is your chance to do something about it. Support your parish, MP Anne Main and your colleague Cllr Chris Brazier who have all signed the petition and who all want the lane closed. Or have you forgotten that you are supposed to represent your parish?
You may also want to watch:
Barley Mow Lane, St Albans.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre