SIR, —I write in response to Cllr Jamie Day s letter which says that closing Barley Mow Lane is not the answer (Herts Advertiser, July 31). Cllr Day, I too have been a part of Tyttenhanger Green for over 20 years and like yourself I too have been a victim
SIR, -I write in response to Cllr Jamie Day's letter which says that closing Barley Mow Lane is not the answer (Herts Advertiser, July 31).
Cllr Day, I too have been a part of Tyttenhanger Green for over 20 years and like yourself I too have been a victim of crime and witnessed numerous drivers dangerously speeding along Barley Mow Lane. We all know it goes on and the authorities and both parish and district councillors have tried to address it but it has not worked, has it?
So instead of blaming others for the continuing anti-social behaviour and dangers, here is your chance to do something about it. Support your parish, MP Anne Main and your colleague Cllr Chris Brazier who have all signed the petition and who all want the lane closed. Or have you forgotten that you are supposed to represent your parish?
You may also want to watch:
Barley Mow Lane, St Albans.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery