SIR - I recently visited Verulamium Park. It was a glorious day – hot and sunny, ducks and swans with their young in the lake, people enjoying a walk or having a picnic, children playing in the water fountains and the singing from within the Abbey. All t
SIR - I recently visited Verulamium Park. It was a glorious day - hot and sunny, ducks and swans with their young in the lake, people enjoying a walk or having a picnic, children playing in the water fountains and the singing from within the Abbey.
All the grass areas had been cut nicely and although there was some litter, an attendant was on duty collecting.
Absolutely idyllic, and a fantastic attraction for any visitor or tourist.
However, on my way out to Holywell Hill I visited the toilet. What a disappointment - it was a disgrace.
You may also want to watch:
The urinals were encrusted, the closets are filthy, the hand basins are dirty, all the paintwork is peeling off the walls, the floor looks as though it has never had a good clean and there is only one hand drier.
The whole unit is beyond belief for such a great city's attraction. Overseas visitors must think that we just do not have any pride at all.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Blocked drain at St Albans junction still not cleared months after it was first reported
- 6 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 7 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 8 Future of St Albans Half Marathon secured as 2021 date set
- 9 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 10 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin