SIR - I recently visited Verulamium Park. It was a glorious day – hot and sunny, ducks and swans with their young in the lake, people enjoying a walk or having a picnic, children playing in the water fountains and the singing from within the Abbey. All t
SIR - I recently visited Verulamium Park. It was a glorious day - hot and sunny, ducks and swans with their young in the lake, people enjoying a walk or having a picnic, children playing in the water fountains and the singing from within the Abbey.
All the grass areas had been cut nicely and although there was some litter, an attendant was on duty collecting.
Absolutely idyllic, and a fantastic attraction for any visitor or tourist.
However, on my way out to Holywell Hill I visited the toilet. What a disappointment - it was a disgrace.
You may also want to watch:
The urinals were encrusted, the closets are filthy, the hand basins are dirty, all the paintwork is peeling off the walls, the floor looks as though it has never had a good clean and there is only one hand drier.
The whole unit is beyond belief for such a great city's attraction. Overseas visitors must think that we just do not have any pride at all.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant