SIR, — The new layout of the car park at Colney Fields retail park at London Colney seems to have been designed without due regard for safety. There are now wide access and egress roads each with two lanes of traffic going in the same direction making it
SIR, - The new layout of the car park at Colney Fields retail park at London Colney seems to have been designed without due regard for safety.
There are now wide access and egress roads each with two lanes of traffic going in the same direction making it extremely hazardous and confusing for pedestrians to cross from one section of the parking area to another in order to gain access to stores at either end of the complex or to return to cars parked some distance from the main stores.
Insufficient parking spaces have been provided for the number of people attempting to gain access to the shops. The parent-and-child parking spaces in the vicinity of the two food stores are always full and in fact my daughter has not yet been able to gain access to one of these spaces since the birth of her baby daughter eight months ago. This therefore means that babies in pushchairs have to be trundled across various sections of the car park at the risk of being mown down by car drivers attempting to park. It is also difficult for parent to reach suitable trolleys while carrying babies or young children.
Although there is one new narrow walkway between parked cars, this is almost impossible to access from most parts of the car-parking areas and is often littered with trolleys making it difficult to negotiate.
You may also want to watch:
Surely more thought should have been given to the provision of enough safe parking areas as the new layout seems to be confusing and dangerous.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 9 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
Roberts Avenue, St Albans.