SIR, — The new layout of the car park at Colney Fields retail park at London Colney seems to have been designed without due regard for safety. There are now wide access and egress roads each with two lanes of traffic going in the same direction making it
SIR, - The new layout of the car park at Colney Fields retail park at London Colney seems to have been designed without due regard for safety.
There are now wide access and egress roads each with two lanes of traffic going in the same direction making it extremely hazardous and confusing for pedestrians to cross from one section of the parking area to another in order to gain access to stores at either end of the complex or to return to cars parked some distance from the main stores.
Insufficient parking spaces have been provided for the number of people attempting to gain access to the shops. The parent-and-child parking spaces in the vicinity of the two food stores are always full and in fact my daughter has not yet been able to gain access to one of these spaces since the birth of her baby daughter eight months ago. This therefore means that babies in pushchairs have to be trundled across various sections of the car park at the risk of being mown down by car drivers attempting to park. It is also difficult for parent to reach suitable trolleys while carrying babies or young children.
Although there is one new narrow walkway between parked cars, this is almost impossible to access from most parts of the car-parking areas and is often littered with trolleys making it difficult to negotiate.
You may also want to watch:
Surely more thought should have been given to the provision of enough safe parking areas as the new layout seems to be confusing and dangerous.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 10 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
Roberts Avenue, St Albans.