SIR, — The new layout of the car park at Colney Fields retail park at London Colney seems to have been designed without due regard for safety. There are now wide access and egress roads each with two lanes of traffic going in the same direction making it
SIR, - The new layout of the car park at Colney Fields retail park at London Colney seems to have been designed without due regard for safety.
There are now wide access and egress roads each with two lanes of traffic going in the same direction making it extremely hazardous and confusing for pedestrians to cross from one section of the parking area to another in order to gain access to stores at either end of the complex or to return to cars parked some distance from the main stores.
Insufficient parking spaces have been provided for the number of people attempting to gain access to the shops. The parent-and-child parking spaces in the vicinity of the two food stores are always full and in fact my daughter has not yet been able to gain access to one of these spaces since the birth of her baby daughter eight months ago. This therefore means that babies in pushchairs have to be trundled across various sections of the car park at the risk of being mown down by car drivers attempting to park. It is also difficult for parent to reach suitable trolleys while carrying babies or young children.
Although there is one new narrow walkway between parked cars, this is almost impossible to access from most parts of the car-parking areas and is often littered with trolleys making it difficult to negotiate.
Surely more thought should have been given to the provision of enough safe parking areas as the new layout seems to be confusing and dangerous.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 10 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
Roberts Avenue, St Albans.