SIR, — In response to Mr Ernie Brewer s letter (Herts Advertiser, April 24) we would firstly wish to apologise for any offence we may have inadvertently caused by stating that certain Normandy Veterans were struggling to afford a Christmas lunch. However,
SIR, - In response to Mr Ernie Brewer's letter (Herts Advertiser, April 24) we would firstly wish to apologise for any offence we may have inadvertently caused by stating that certain Normandy Veterans were struggling to afford a Christmas lunch.
However, these comments were made by Normandy Veterans during discussions with Firefighter. Harris late last year, albeit veterans from outside of the county.
As for the cycle ride itself, we all found the trip incredibly educational and inspiring. We visited numerous museums, memorials and cemeteries that detailed the selfless acts of bravery performed by so many some 64 years ago. We are still in the process of collecting our sponsorship money, but expect this to reach around £2,000 to be split between the respective charities.
We would certainly appreciate a call from Mr Brewer and would welcome a visit to the station. We can be contacted on 01727 818918.
You may also want to watch:
Station Commander, St Albans Community Fire Station.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe