SIR, — In response to Mr Ernie Brewer s letter (Herts Advertiser, April 24) we would firstly wish to apologise for any offence we may have inadvertently caused by stating that certain Normandy Veterans were struggling to afford a Christmas lunch. However,
SIR, - In response to Mr Ernie Brewer's letter (Herts Advertiser, April 24) we would firstly wish to apologise for any offence we may have inadvertently caused by stating that certain Normandy Veterans were struggling to afford a Christmas lunch.
However, these comments were made by Normandy Veterans during discussions with Firefighter. Harris late last year, albeit veterans from outside of the county.
As for the cycle ride itself, we all found the trip incredibly educational and inspiring. We visited numerous museums, memorials and cemeteries that detailed the selfless acts of bravery performed by so many some 64 years ago. We are still in the process of collecting our sponsorship money, but expect this to reach around £2,000 to be split between the respective charities.
We would certainly appreciate a call from Mr Brewer and would welcome a visit to the station. We can be contacted on 01727 818918.
You may also want to watch:
Station Commander, St Albans Community Fire Station.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 St Albans MP vows to fight developer 'free for all' to protect Herts Green Belt
- 8 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 9 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 10 Look! See inside spectacular new lights display at St Albans Cathedral