SIR, — In response to Mr Ernie Brewer s letter (Herts Advertiser, April 24) we would firstly wish to apologise for any offence we may have inadvertently caused by stating that certain Normandy Veterans were struggling to afford a Christmas lunch. However,
SIR, - In response to Mr Ernie Brewer's letter (Herts Advertiser, April 24) we would firstly wish to apologise for any offence we may have inadvertently caused by stating that certain Normandy Veterans were struggling to afford a Christmas lunch.
However, these comments were made by Normandy Veterans during discussions with Firefighter. Harris late last year, albeit veterans from outside of the county.
As for the cycle ride itself, we all found the trip incredibly educational and inspiring. We visited numerous museums, memorials and cemeteries that detailed the selfless acts of bravery performed by so many some 64 years ago. We are still in the process of collecting our sponsorship money, but expect this to reach around £2,000 to be split between the respective charities.
We would certainly appreciate a call from Mr Brewer and would welcome a visit to the station. We can be contacted on 01727 818918.
You may also want to watch:
Station Commander, St Albans Community Fire Station.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder