SIR – With the general election fast approaching, now is the time to ask those who aspire to be our MPs in the future what they will do if they are elected. What will they do about the SAD Monstrosity ? All too often, the environment and the countryside
SIR - With the general election fast approaching, now is the time to ask those who aspire to be our MPs in the future what they will do if they are elected.
What will they do about the SAD Monstrosity ?
All too often, the environment and the countryside do not get the attention and priority they deserve from politicians, and they risk being forgotten altogether in the pre-election hubbub.
But the next five years will be a critical time if we are to protect the countryside that is valued by so many people across the UK from inappropriate and excessive development, neglect and mismanagement.
You may also want to watch:
So I am supporting the manifesto for the general election produced by the Campaign to Protect Rural England, and I have written to my local candidates calling on them to do so too.
The manifesto calls for strong, democratic planning that will protect the countryside and create vibrant urban areas, protection for our best landscapes and the Green Belts around our towns and cities, and action to tackle litter and fly-tipping in the countryside.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 When One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Police and Led Zep played Herts gigs
For more see www.cpre.org.uk
DR ROBERT WAREING
Claudian Place, St Albans