SIR - I found your report last week on the spectacular new Future Gardens (pictured left) very interesting even though I was puzzled by the title. Maybe someone can explain how it was so designated. Having seen a wonderfully colourful photograph in the
SIR - I found your report last week on the spectacular new Future Gardens (pictured left) very interesting even though I was puzzled by the title. Maybe someone can explain how it was so designated.
Having seen a wonderfully colourful photograph in the Daily Telegraph last week I was very proud to live in the community that was boasting so delightful an exhibition and felt "this I must see", although I would hope to avoid David Bellamy.
However I do have to admit I suffered a sense of shock when I discovered the admission prices - adults �12.50, concessions �9.50 and children �5 tempered by the price of a family ticket (two adults and two children for �32).
There must be many families who would like their children to see so splendid a display but to have to fork out �32 for the privilege is surely a bit over the top?
You may also want to watch:
Some years ago I accompanied a group of American tourists to Stonehenge but, having made several previous visits, stayed in the visitor centre to await their return from the phenomenon. Within minutes the first vistor was back. "That didn't take you long," I suggested. "No", he said "stones is stones is stones."
It strikes me that it would be a great pity if potential visitors to Future World were to be deterred by the fact that "flowers is flowers is flowers" and to think that �32 for a family ticket is somewhat on the high side.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind