Cost of vision
SIR – Did you miss the St Albans City Vision exhibition in the Maltings? As with Westminster Lodge, only two options are offered to the public but here with a heart-attack inducing cost which I professionally estimate at roughly �250m. It s deeply worryin
SIR - Did you miss the St Albans City Vision exhibition in the Maltings? As with Westminster Lodge, only two options are offered to the public but here with a heart-attack inducing cost which I professionally estimate at roughly �250m.
It's deeply worrying as council taxes will be needed to build some of it, not least because the council is already selling off housing to pay for their new, needlessly expensive, Westminster Lodge.
Option 1, seeks to move the Civic Offices just circa 50 metres onto the Bricket Road car park site, build department store on the old Civic Offices site, turn half of St Peters Street over to coaches, double the size of the Arena, build a supermarket on the multistorey car park but not much on how buses or cars are to get about or where all the new shoppers are to come from.
Option 2 is similar, but moves the blocks around and sends the Civic offices off to Hatfield Road.
You may also want to watch:
Best of luck, start saving.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
Opposition District Councillor
Oakfield Road, Harpenden