Cost of vision
SIR – Did you miss the St Albans City Vision exhibition in the Maltings? As with Westminster Lodge, only two options are offered to the public but here with a heart-attack inducing cost which I professionally estimate at roughly �250m. It s deeply worryin
SIR - Did you miss the St Albans City Vision exhibition in the Maltings? As with Westminster Lodge, only two options are offered to the public but here with a heart-attack inducing cost which I professionally estimate at roughly �250m.
It's deeply worrying as council taxes will be needed to build some of it, not least because the council is already selling off housing to pay for their new, needlessly expensive, Westminster Lodge.
Option 1, seeks to move the Civic Offices just circa 50 metres onto the Bricket Road car park site, build department store on the old Civic Offices site, turn half of St Peters Street over to coaches, double the size of the Arena, build a supermarket on the multistorey car park but not much on how buses or cars are to get about or where all the new shoppers are to come from.
Option 2 is similar, but moves the blocks around and sends the Civic offices off to Hatfield Road.
You may also want to watch:
Best of luck, start saving.
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
- 9 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
Opposition District Councillor
Oakfield Road, Harpenden