Cost of vision
SIR – Did you miss the St Albans City Vision exhibition in the Maltings? As with Westminster Lodge, only two options are offered to the public but here with a heart-attack inducing cost which I professionally estimate at roughly �250m. It s deeply worryin
SIR - Did you miss the St Albans City Vision exhibition in the Maltings? As with Westminster Lodge, only two options are offered to the public but here with a heart-attack inducing cost which I professionally estimate at roughly �250m.
It's deeply worrying as council taxes will be needed to build some of it, not least because the council is already selling off housing to pay for their new, needlessly expensive, Westminster Lodge.
Option 1, seeks to move the Civic Offices just circa 50 metres onto the Bricket Road car park site, build department store on the old Civic Offices site, turn half of St Peters Street over to coaches, double the size of the Arena, build a supermarket on the multistorey car park but not much on how buses or cars are to get about or where all the new shoppers are to come from.
Option 2 is similar, but moves the blocks around and sends the Civic offices off to Hatfield Road.
You may also want to watch:
Best of luck, start saving.
- 1 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 2 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 3 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 7 St Albans City game at Dulwich Hamlet postponed due to positive test in Londoners' squad
- 8 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 9 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 10 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
Opposition District Councillor
Oakfield Road, Harpenden