Cost of vision
SIR – Did you miss the St Albans City Vision exhibition in the Maltings? As with Westminster Lodge, only two options are offered to the public but here with a heart-attack inducing cost which I professionally estimate at roughly �250m. It s deeply worryin
SIR - Did you miss the St Albans City Vision exhibition in the Maltings? As with Westminster Lodge, only two options are offered to the public but here with a heart-attack inducing cost which I professionally estimate at roughly �250m.
It's deeply worrying as council taxes will be needed to build some of it, not least because the council is already selling off housing to pay for their new, needlessly expensive, Westminster Lodge.
Option 1, seeks to move the Civic Offices just circa 50 metres onto the Bricket Road car park site, build department store on the old Civic Offices site, turn half of St Peters Street over to coaches, double the size of the Arena, build a supermarket on the multistorey car park but not much on how buses or cars are to get about or where all the new shoppers are to come from.
Option 2 is similar, but moves the blocks around and sends the Civic offices off to Hatfield Road.
Best of luck, start saving.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 5 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
Opposition District Councillor
Oakfield Road, Harpenden