Cost of vision
SIR – Did you miss the St Albans City Vision exhibition in the Maltings? As with Westminster Lodge, only two options are offered to the public but here with a heart-attack inducing cost which I professionally estimate at roughly �250m. It s deeply worryin
SIR - Did you miss the St Albans City Vision exhibition in the Maltings? As with Westminster Lodge, only two options are offered to the public but here with a heart-attack inducing cost which I professionally estimate at roughly �250m.
It's deeply worrying as council taxes will be needed to build some of it, not least because the council is already selling off housing to pay for their new, needlessly expensive, Westminster Lodge.
Option 1, seeks to move the Civic Offices just circa 50 metres onto the Bricket Road car park site, build department store on the old Civic Offices site, turn half of St Peters Street over to coaches, double the size of the Arena, build a supermarket on the multistorey car park but not much on how buses or cars are to get about or where all the new shoppers are to come from.
Option 2 is similar, but moves the blocks around and sends the Civic offices off to Hatfield Road.
You may also want to watch:
Best of luck, start saving.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
Opposition District Councillor
Oakfield Road, Harpenden