SIR – Why does the council keep consulting us on everything it plans to do? Surely the whole purpose of us electing members is to represent our views. If we are going to get consulted on every major decision why not halve the number of elected members on
SIR - Why does the council keep consulting us on everything it plans to do?
Surely the whole purpose of us electing members is to represent our views. If we are going to get consulted on every major decision why not halve the number of elected members on St Albans District Council.
Because they are abdicating their repsonsibilities. What next, an X-Factor style phone-in on the funnels at Westminster Lodge?
Or on what toilet paper the council should use?
You may also want to watch:
A message to our councillors, do your jobs!
Consultations are expensive and dominated by a vocal minority who relish the chance to interfere/meddle in everything.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
In most cases the decision has already been made and the council seems intent of provoking people.
Views on Westminster Lodge have been particularly interesting, those who actually use the centre seem to be enthused by the council's plans.
Objections come from those who object to everything the council does (rent a mob).
I suspect if St Albans District Council eradicated world hunger at no cost regular contributors to these pages like Vanessa Gregory would still object.
Let's get back to democracy working effectively for the people and stop this X-Factorisation of local decision making.
Marconi Way, St Albans