SIR — I wonder if anyone knows what is happening with St Albans District Council s new green-waste collections? Back in March I received a leaflet telling me that the green bag would no longer be collected from May and that I should order a green wheele
SIR - I wonder if anyone knows what is happening with St Albans District Council's new "green-waste" collections?
Back in March I received a leaflet telling me that the green bag would no longer be collected from May and that I should order a green wheeled bin instead, enabling us to recycle more green waste.
I did so and duly started to fill the green wheeled bin with garden waste as well as cardboard and cooked food waste. It is now nearly the end of May and our wheeled bin is full and has not been emptied once. The cooked food waste has nearly been in there for three weeks. I daren't lift the lid to see what animal life is enjoying it.
Last week two additional green bags were left on our doormat without explanation. I telephoned the council to ask why and they said they had no idea why the bags had been left. They also said that if I lived in a Conservation Area, then I shouldn't have a wheeled bin but just a bag. So why did the leaflet tell me to order a wheeled bin?
I now have three green bags and a green wheeled bin that by next week will probably all be full so I'll put them all out in the hope that something gets collected.
MRS J. VOISEY,
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 3 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 9 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 10 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
Kingsbury Avenue, St Albans.