SIR — I wonder if anyone knows what is happening with St Albans District Council s new green-waste collections? Back in March I received a leaflet telling me that the green bag would no longer be collected from May and that I should order a green wheele
SIR - I wonder if anyone knows what is happening with St Albans District Council's new "green-waste" collections?
Back in March I received a leaflet telling me that the green bag would no longer be collected from May and that I should order a green wheeled bin instead, enabling us to recycle more green waste.
I did so and duly started to fill the green wheeled bin with garden waste as well as cardboard and cooked food waste. It is now nearly the end of May and our wheeled bin is full and has not been emptied once. The cooked food waste has nearly been in there for three weeks. I daren't lift the lid to see what animal life is enjoying it.
Last week two additional green bags were left on our doormat without explanation. I telephoned the council to ask why and they said they had no idea why the bags had been left. They also said that if I lived in a Conservation Area, then I shouldn't have a wheeled bin but just a bag. So why did the leaflet tell me to order a wheeled bin?
You may also want to watch:
I now have three green bags and a green wheeled bin that by next week will probably all be full so I'll put them all out in the hope that something gets collected.
MRS J. VOISEY,
- 1 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 2 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 9 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
- 10 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
Kingsbury Avenue, St Albans.