Comeback from cyclist
SIR - This is in regards to previous letters in the past month relating to cyclists on the Alban Way. This is to put forward the other view, as it seems that there is a bias to the argument against cyclists. Firstly, does anybody out there recognise that
SIR - This is in regards to previous letters in the past month relating to cyclists on the Alban Way. This is to put forward the other view, as it seems that there is a bias to the argument against cyclists.
Firstly, does anybody out there recognise that the Alban Way is a cycle path, you know, a path that people cycle on? It's there in order to encourage cyclists, so they can avoid the busy roads.
It is amazing the amount of people that don't have a care in the world while on it either, letting their children and dogs run wild without control. It must be said that dog walkers normally keep their dogs in check, which is a lot more than can be said of parents on the whole.
They seem to think that as it isn't a road that there is no need to be aware of their surroundings. As though it is perfectly safe, no traffic, no untoward characters, kids doing what they want, hiding in bushes, popping out of nowhere, no need to keep an eye on them or control them in anyway.
You may also want to watch:
Maybe instead of trying to persecute cyclists by some sort of trial by media, these people should look at themselves as part of the problem, not as the sole solution.
Would you let your kids and dogs run about on a road? So why would you let them do so on a cycle path?
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 6 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 7 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 Giant glass wings installed at St Albans Cathedral to offer 'Solace' in loss
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
NAME and address supplied