Comeback from cyclist
SIR - This is in regards to previous letters in the past month relating to cyclists on the Alban Way. This is to put forward the other view, as it seems that there is a bias to the argument against cyclists. Firstly, does anybody out there recognise that
SIR - This is in regards to previous letters in the past month relating to cyclists on the Alban Way. This is to put forward the other view, as it seems that there is a bias to the argument against cyclists.
Firstly, does anybody out there recognise that the Alban Way is a cycle path, you know, a path that people cycle on? It's there in order to encourage cyclists, so they can avoid the busy roads.
It is amazing the amount of people that don't have a care in the world while on it either, letting their children and dogs run wild without control. It must be said that dog walkers normally keep their dogs in check, which is a lot more than can be said of parents on the whole.
They seem to think that as it isn't a road that there is no need to be aware of their surroundings. As though it is perfectly safe, no traffic, no untoward characters, kids doing what they want, hiding in bushes, popping out of nowhere, no need to keep an eye on them or control them in anyway.
Maybe instead of trying to persecute cyclists by some sort of trial by media, these people should look at themselves as part of the problem, not as the sole solution.
Would you let your kids and dogs run about on a road? So why would you let them do so on a cycle path?
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 7 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 8 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 9 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 10 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
NAME and address supplied