Comeback from cyclist
SIR - This is in regards to previous letters in the past month relating to cyclists on the Alban Way. This is to put forward the other view, as it seems that there is a bias to the argument against cyclists. Firstly, does anybody out there recognise that
SIR - This is in regards to previous letters in the past month relating to cyclists on the Alban Way. This is to put forward the other view, as it seems that there is a bias to the argument against cyclists.
Firstly, does anybody out there recognise that the Alban Way is a cycle path, you know, a path that people cycle on? It's there in order to encourage cyclists, so they can avoid the busy roads.
It is amazing the amount of people that don't have a care in the world while on it either, letting their children and dogs run wild without control. It must be said that dog walkers normally keep their dogs in check, which is a lot more than can be said of parents on the whole.
They seem to think that as it isn't a road that there is no need to be aware of their surroundings. As though it is perfectly safe, no traffic, no untoward characters, kids doing what they want, hiding in bushes, popping out of nowhere, no need to keep an eye on them or control them in anyway.
You may also want to watch:
Maybe instead of trying to persecute cyclists by some sort of trial by media, these people should look at themselves as part of the problem, not as the sole solution.
Would you let your kids and dogs run about on a road? So why would you let them do so on a cycle path?
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 9 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 10 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
NAME and address supplied