SIR, — I am writing to bring your attention to an issue at St Albans City Station. Last Spring the tiny waiting room on platforms two and three was closed and very briefly a juice bar or something was installed. Within a few weeks the juice bar was gone a
SIR, - I am writing to bring your attention to an issue at St Albans City Station. Last Spring the tiny waiting room on platforms two and three was closed and very briefly a juice bar or something was installed. Within a few weeks the juice bar was gone and the room was locked to people waiting for the train. Two weeks ago when I asked if the room was going to be turned back into a waiting room, I was told that the staff needed someplace to keep warm.
I have no problem with them having a room where they can stay warm on that platform but it is quite concerning that there seems to be absolutely no intention of reopening it for the use of the thousands of customers who use their services every week. Perhaps they might lease the space out to someone who was capable of providing an actual food or drink service - so long as there is plenty of room for people to wait from the wind and rain.
I just want to be warm and out of the wind and rain.
You may also want to watch:
Wynchland Crescent, St Albans.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre