Cold calling trick
SIR – A new trick by telephone cold callers is to say do not hang up, this is a public service announcement . Now that there are endless government adverts on TV, people are likely to be taken in by this ploy. Cold calling is an increasing nuisance and n
SIR - A new trick by telephone cold callers is to say "do not hang up, this is a public service announcement".
Now that there are endless government adverts on TV, people are likely to be taken in by this ploy.
Cold calling is an increasing nuisance and no notice is taken of Telephone Preference Service requests that a number should not be called.
A way for BT to deter these pests would be to terminate the number withheld facility which they always use. There can be no legitimate reason for using this facility.
You may also want to watch:
Park Avenue, St Albans
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 6 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 7 Budding Beaumont School playwright Oliver wins scriptwriting competition
- 8 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Rickmansworth
- 10 Talented Verulam Reallymoving juniors star on return to competitive cycling